Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Postby hoppedup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 am

From SFOG FB. DeRaj has opinions:
SFOG.png
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 pm

^hahaha! Yes! Those are the comments I love reading!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby synnfusion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:29 pm

There's really two big ones I've seen over and over again. It seems like everyone knows of someone who claims that they nearly fell out of some roller coaster and was 'held down' by the person sitting next to them even though said ride includes seat belts. I always ask them 'why didn't you buckle and tighten the seat belt?' They always get confused and can't seem to remember there being seat belts.

The other one is the asking about track elements about a roller coaster that is right in front of them. I honestly had a friend ask me if Millennium Force had a drop while we were standing right in front of it. I asked him 'Dude what's wrong with you?' as I pointed to the big enormous obvious drop of Millennium Force.

Beyond this, I'd say most things can be forgiven such as getting names and locations wrong and thinking a roller coaster is some absurd height or speed. This of course excludes the random ridiculous cases of thinking roller coasters jump tracks, etc.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 am

synnfusion wrote:There's really two big ones I've seen over and over again. It seems like everyone knows of someone who claims that they nearly fell out of some roller coaster and was 'held down' by the person sitting next to them even though said ride includes seat belts. I always ask them 'why didn't you buckle and tighten the seat belt?' They always get confused and can't seem to remember there being seat belts.

It's honestly fascinating to me that people can so vividly remember their restraints coming completely unlatched. Like... that just doesn't happen, but people swear up and down that it has. I wonder if being in an adrenaline rush state makes people's brain exaggerate the memory of something small (like popping up a click) into something huge.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:14 pm

I had a friend that went to SFMM last year. He told me didn't ride Tatsu because it "looked like Alpengeist" and didn't ride Scream because it "looked like Apollo''s Chariot." He's been on Dominator at KD too. He rode 4 roller coasters in his only visit to SFMM and is now adamant to me that X2 is the greatest roller coaster of all time. He at least KNEW to ride Twisted Colossus so I will give him credit there. :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am

People love to compare roller coasters, but it boggles my mind when they compare two that are nothing alike. I heard several people at SDC comparing Wildfire to Outlaw Run. Just... how? The inversions?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 am

^ I might look at a painting and compare a Monet to a Van Gogh, because I'm not into art enough to know the difference. As you said, the inversions are the likely similarity.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:48 am

^This

Whenever my non coaster enthusiast friends ask me how Outlaw Run was, I would say “It’s like Wildfire except made of wood” so they can understand that it has inversions.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 am

^ & ^^ That's a good way to put it, I guess that makes sense. If their only experience with coasters is at the park they are at, then comparisons are a lot more limited.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:11 am

I even use loop-de-loop to refer to all inversions when I talk to the GP. It’s jut easier and I stopped caring.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!