Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Movieguy wrote:Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.
I doubt that. I don't see people lining up for hours to ride an SLC over the B&M.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:46 pm

Eh, the General Public seems to really like coasters with gimmicks. They may not be able to really tell if there is any airtime, but they can see a huge loop or a 400 mph launch. I think us, as enthusiasts, grow easily bored with the gimmicks, and base our opinions on the entire ride, not just the fancy elements thrown in.

Just my opinion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm

haux wrote:
Movieguy wrote:Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.
I doubt that. I don't see people lining up for hours to ride an SLC over the B&M.

That's the point though. Us enthusiasts aren't the one affecting what's good and what's not.

When I go to Cedar Point with my GP freinds we only ride Mean Streak once. They don't want to re-ride it. Not because I told them what was wrong with it, but because it just sucks.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Yeah, you're right. I guess I wasn't thinking when I said what I previously said. I just get a little fed up with certain aspects of the GP sometimes, and that all my knowledge of coasters counts for absolutely nothing in the eyes of the companies who maintain the parks.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:35 pm

Too bad your "knowledge of coasters" doesn't pay their bills. It really wouldn't make sense for a park to pay too much attention to what coaster enthusiasts like. They would be serving to a very small percentage; which is also a lot harder to please than the GP. I'm not too sure if I see the point in this thread. Its true that the GP doesn't obsess about coasters which results into them not being that well educated about it; but should you really let it get under your skin?
_six

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:46 pm

^Agreed

Whenever I hear stupid stuff like that, I sigh and remember how great it was to be normal. ::|

....Oh, wait. . .I was never normal. ::x

-Jahan

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:04 pm

When a park has a collection of say, a fair ammount of coasters, IE SFMM, Knotts.... They should have at least 1 - 3 coasters specifically designed with the coaster enthusiests in mind, IMO, to keep the enthusiest happy as we are thier loyal customers, that guy who walks into your liquor store everday to buy some soda, or w/e. It would be more of a thank you for being a good customer, now go crap yourself over this ride sort of thing.

The only park that I know of that specifically goes out of thier way to build roller coasters for enthusiests is HW, and they seem to do pretty good. Why? Because Coaster enthusiests have good taste in roller coasters, as well as HW just has a very good family friendly enviornment, which I think is the biggest thing any park should have. And as long as they have that, they can basically throw in any decent to great coaster and the customers should be happy....

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:04 pm

Please disregard my foot in mouth tendencies in this thread...I'm sorry I wasted your time with all the "Stupid" things I've been posting...

Doug "Never come here after you've been drinking" Booth

Banned

Postby maliboomer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:47 pm

Such a small percentage of park goers are enthusiasts it wouldn't make financial sense to cater towards them.
There's only 9000 of us here, a lot of parks have a daily attendance higher then that.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby smallish » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:03 pm

They're SO concerned about safety, like when Scream was colosed due to high winds once some boys were like, "Someone probably died or something!" or "I bet someone flew off the train!" or "Aliens probably came down and expoded a piece of track!"

It also annoys me when they say untrue facts from other people like some coaster at SFMM has a jump. Someone actually insisted that was true to me once.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!