Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:43 pm

I've tipped off a few DL guest relations cast members so they are waiting for someone to ask where the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit" ride is.

OMG I'd almost forgotten...I worked at Body Wars too, and I had literally dozens of guests ask me "Is this a stimulator?"
Wanted to reply, if it is, make sure to come back and let me know!
-Julie

Banned

Postby maliboomer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:45 pm

Well Body Wars gives (or should I said did...) one hell of a jerk...

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby haydawg149 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:18 pm

@ Worlds Of Fun :

GP: this is the tallest coaster in the world(Thats supposibly what the music said)

Me: No!, its ONE of the tallest coasters in the world.

GP: But it says its that fastest.

"Musci repeats itself"(Welcome to MAMBA, one of the tallest, fastest, and longest roller costers in the world. takes you down 205 feet at speeds of up tp 75mph.)

GP: See, it says it the tallest.

:roll:

this profile is filmed in

Postby Dr Freeze » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:09 pm

I've heard "let's ride the back! it's faster!" a few times at parks. If I'm ever close enough to the person who said it, I just say "Why doesn't it get to the station before the front?" There is normally a pause, and then "oh, right."

One of my favorites was the opening year of Superman at SFOG. FYI - Viper was taken out late in 2001, and then Superman was put in for 2002. So I was standing in line and heard someone say, "where is Viper?" Then the person beside them said "they changed Viper *into* this!" I just didn't know what to say to that.
"For a writer its a word. For a musician its a note. For an editor its a frame."
- Quentin Tarantino

check out Mr. Yeti's Adventures

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:24 am

At Dollywood a few weeks back, a mother and daughter were standing in line behind me for Thunderhead. As the train passed by, the daughter (with an accent that would rival Cletus the Yokel from The Simpsons) says, "Mama, does this one do the loop dee loop?"

I then knew I was in the south.

Du skulblaka fricai

The General Public

Postby timetrial3141592 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:46 pm

After hearing that Superman: Ride Of Steel at SFNE was "Boring because it only went upside down once," I decided that the GP were getting out of hand.

First of all, Superman does NOT go "upside down once." It does not have any inversions. The closest thing it has is the overbank. And it is not "boring." Honestly. Post your GP complaints here!
If this post expresses an opinion that you do not like, please refrain from bashing me, changing my profile pic and title, or sending me angry PMs. Instead try posting a thought-out response. I try to respect your views; please respect mine. Thank you.

I Love Expedition Ge-Force

Postby DragonKhan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:05 pm

People can't know everything, so don't blame them for not beeing coaster enthusiasts...

You probably would look just as stupid when it comes to something you only know little about.

If he says it's boring because of no inversions, it's his opinion. And he may just consider the overbank upside down, because technically, it is.

The only thing I don't like is when people make up obviously wrong facts to impresse. For example "Have you ridden that 1000ft coaster at Cedar Point?"
[i:03f6f2c525]The only difference between genius and insanity is success![/i:03f6f2c525]
[b:03f6f2c525]Cheers, [color=darkblue:03f6f2c525][i:03f6f2c525][size=18:03f6f2c525]DragonKhan[/size:03f6f2c525][/i:03f6f2c525][/color:03f6f2c525][/b:03f6f2c525]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby mark9 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Movieguy wrote:Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.

I sincerely doubt that a few enthusiasts have influenced park's decisions massively.

The Preppy Emo

Postby Blazen_AZN » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:28 pm

^Maybe not, but quality does.

The GP feel pain too! I wouldn't ride a really painful rollercoaster just because its a rollercoaster, I'd just do somthing else. If, infact, they never rode antoher, better coaster, they would probably think they were all bad and not come back to the parks; I'm sure park owners wouldn't want that. They buy B&Ms for reasons.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!