Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World To Get New Coaster

Postby BlueFireCoaster » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

It really is amazing how much Six Flags has recently downgraded the proportions of their coasters and installations in the past couple years, all in the name of proper budgeting. Seems back in the day a coaster like this was for some smaller park you've never heard of who couldn't afford an Intamin or B&M.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:52 pm

^Six Flags doesn't own this park, Village Roadshow does.

While small, these are good coasters for what they are. They are fairly cheap and are popular with the GP. I'm not sure what type of crowds WBMW gets, so capacity might be an issue, but this is still a solid addition. Although, I wonder, given the size of this coaster, if it was just bought to spite Dreamworld.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:53 pm

BlueFireCoaster wrote:It really is amazing how much Six Flags has recently downgraded the proportions of their coasters and installations in the past couple years, all in the name of proper budgeting. Seems back in the day a coaster like this was for some smaller park you've never heard of who couldn't afford an Intamin or B&M.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what exactly does this have to do with Warner Bros. Movie World putting in an El Loco coaster?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BlueFireCoaster » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

robbalvey wrote:
BlueFireCoaster wrote:It really is amazing how much Six Flags has recently downgraded the proportions of their coasters and installations in the past couple years, all in the name of proper budgeting. Seems back in the day a coaster like this was for some smaller park you've never heard of who couldn't afford an Intamin or B&M.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what exactly does this have to do with Warner Bros. Movie World putting in an El Loco coaster?

It doesn't.

This issue was already addressed in the post above yours. I thought Movie World was owned by Six Flags.

Thanks anyway?

DumbTums

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 am

From Screamscape:

According to local area sources, the new coaster apparently is a new S&S El Loco style coaster, and which is expected to be themed to Green Lantern. They are hoping to put up the coaster quickly and have it ready to open by Boxing Day which will fall on December 26th. According to new rumors, this may be the tallest S&S El Loco coaster to date. Another rumor claims that the coaster may feature new style cars with 4-across seating, but I can’t confirm this aspect just yet, so stay tuned.

I'm getting quite excited about this coaster (even though I am not a Mumbo Jumbo fan). If the rumours are correct I think this could be a good addition:

- Just over 100 days from track arriving it will be open.
- For something like an El Loco, taller can't be a bad thing right (don't get onto the Mega Lite argument here)?
- 4 across seating, means double capacity so it could have a capacity of 1440 pph (standard ones have 720 pph)

My only concern is what the name will be, if it is following the Six Flags it will be something like: Green Lantern: Face The Drop

RollerCoasterSmith

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:32 am

I hope it's not four-across seating. Some of the maneuvers that the smaller El Loco coasters do are very tight, and that's what makes El Loco coasters unique. Having four-across seating means that clearances will have to be larger.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 am

* Edit

It looks the Zierer Tower Launch Coaster
Last edited by The SETGO Guys on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 am

SoCalCoasters wrote:^ This may not be true, but I hear from a friend that apparently the El Loco there has been having a lot of issues? He mentioned that the pneumatic restraints were not releasing properly around every hour or so...did you experience any problems such as that?

When I was there it had no trouble at all. Maybe it was an issue on the first ones which was resolved on the newst model.
When I posted earlier I confused this park with the one in Madrid! It's still a good news to see more of these around!
-

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Green Lantern coaster has been announced!

Link

Link
Sorry for the small picture, but looks like it will have 4 across seating.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:11 pm

I love how right after TPR goes to the land down under, some of the parks get news rides after their newest ride before TPR went was built like 4 years ago.

The steepest drop in the Southern Hemisphere looks pretty awesome. I wonder where they are going to put this coaster in the park. I think Warner Bros was a good park but it was definitely missing 1 or 2 thrilling rides and now they got 1 coming. If I ever make it back down to the land of the kangaroos and wombats I will definitely visit this park again.

Jimmy "Duck-billed Platypus is the best animal EVER!" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!