Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

Page 22 - Hopi Hari closes
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

Postby Fabio.Abrantes » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

you should really visit Brazil, we're very receptive, haha! And besides, we 3 or 4 great amusement parks here. We could make a meeting of TPR and our local roller coaster enthusiasts club. That would be totally awesome

I live in São Paulo, Brazil. haha. Thank you very much.
----
I have pictures in my computer of monster Katakumb ( ride of terror ). But I'm not getting post pictures here. = (
Oh OMG! when I go to Six Flags Magic Mountain?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Kumbarider1993 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Those are some great picture! i wish there was a few more of Katapul, but any new pictures of this park are great since i's so far away. One day i will eventually make the trek down to brazil so i can ride the original schwarzkopf shuttle. I kida missed it by 22 Years at KD! :lmao: Yeah i'm quite the schwarzkopf fanboy :lover: The rest of the park looks well worth the vist too, there's a nice mix of other rides.

I need to get out to africa to to ride golden loop as well. It's sort of comforting to know that with all the Schwarzkopf shuttles that have been destroyed that the two originals are still with us, They both look like they have finally found good homes as it's been in brazil longer than it was at Alton towers or KD. And the other also looks like it's found a great home too, they both fit very well in their parks and it seems there have been no noise or height complaints anymore :roll: .

But overall-good trip report, there are some really excellent photos on there. I especially like the POV shot on Evolution, It's just gorgeous. The rest are great quality as well. Worth the read too!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Lucas.Almeida » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm

In park here in Sao Paulo, Brazil, is another roller coaster of Schwarzkopf. It is the Looping Star, and she is in the Playcenter Amusement Park.

If you want to see a picture of it, here's the link: http://bit.ly/iVYqLz.The same has been newly renovated. (:
Hopi Hari Theme Park - Brazil! www.hopiharimania.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 am

This is such a awesome update! Thank you so much for this. This park seems really well kept up and the rides seemed very well themed.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Kumbarider1993 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 am

Yes i've hear of that one also. It's nice that there is a looping star and shuttle in the same place :) it's better than NE USA :/ , you know, as far as Schwarzkopfs go. back in the 80's, Laser was even down there! it went to Dorney, and now it's traveling in Germany but i think that one used to be at Playcenter as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Lucas.Almeida » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:07 am

Yes, it was a partnership with Schwarzkopfs Playcenter and where they brought the first Double Looping model for the park. It's getting two years and was quite successful, she was called Colossus.

Landmark and we miss her. But it was soon replaced by Looping Star, which is the delight of many today.
Hopi Hari Theme Park - Brazil! www.hopiharimania.com

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fabio.Abrantes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:25 am

Those are some great picture! i wish there was a few more of Katapul, but any new pictures of this park are great since i's so far away.

---
Here's another Katapul photos:

Katapul, seen from the station Montezum.

Seen from the station Hula Hupi.

Looping of Katapul.

Photo taken on ride in jambalaia (Double Shock).

Jambalaia and station Katapul.

And a video an amateur on ride of youtube:

I hope have helped! Hugs.
Oh OMG! when I go to Six Flags Magic Mountain?

Postby Kumbarider1993 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks for the other pics, it looks really nice at that park.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Great TR! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to making it down to Brazil someday.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanx for the additional Katapul pics.... =)

@Kumbarider1993

I hope to get onto a Looping Star on my way to Amsterdam at Attractionpark Slagharen - keep fingers crossed for dry weather in mid-September....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!