Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

Page 22 - Hopi Hari closes
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

Postby nemesis-storm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 am

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Mrenata » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 am

By the time Hopi Hari announced the 10 inversion rollercoaster (october, 2011), they said it would be a "new layout", the "2012 layout" as they would call it.

The park said some weird stuff, like "it will have a mega lite direct drop instead of a drop into a turn". They also said that the lift hill system is going to be a "cable lift", like Expedition GeForce, which would increase the lift hill speed to something around 20km/h. They also mentioned that the lift hill speed would feel like a launch (!?!?!?!). They also said that the trains would use a new restraint system (which made people in Brazil believe it would be lapbar only). I was on the press conference last year and was like "seriously guys, do you even know what you are buying?????"

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 am

It's probably going to be that new 12-inversion layout that's been floating around, minus the heartline roll before the brake run and minus a corkscrew.

The new 10-inversion rendering is the exact same old layout, the difference is that the train immediately starts going down instead of having a "pre-drop" like Colossus and the one at Chimelong.

As for the trains, if the restraints are new, I think that they're either going to be the five-point (like every recent Intamin coaster with inversions) or the system used on Lex Luthor Drop of Doom.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 am

A.J. wrote:It's probably going to be that new 12-inversion layout that's been floating around, minus the heartline roll before the brake run and minus a corkscrew.

Nope.

This is the ride going to Hopi Hari:

Two more of these are coming to the CineCitta park in Italy and Chongqing Safari Park in China.

A.J. wrote:The new 10-inversion rendering is the exact same old layout, the difference is that the train immediately starts going down instead of having a "pre-drop" like Colossus and the one at Chimelong.

It looks very similar to Colossus, but the first drop has been changed and everything is slightly bigger and smoother.
The track itself is also bigger (75 cm --> 90 cm) and it will use a cable lift.

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 am

That's interesting - I could have sworn that it was confirmed somewhere that the layout wouldn't be like Colossus.

Still looks like a great ride regardless.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 am

A.J. wrote:That's interesting - I could have sworn that it was confirmed somewhere that the layout wouldn't be like Colossus.

Still looks like a great ride regardless.

Well, technically it's not like Colossus since the first drop looks shaped differently, or is it the angle?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeitorAntunes » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Schwartzkopf in action! :airtime:

Last edited by jray21 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

^ I love the red paint job! :lover: Also, I'm VERY surprised Hopi Hari didn't get new trains when they refurbished/rethemed it to Superman
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby André.Vides » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

About to be inaugurated with the superman theme, images of the new train was announced by park staff in social networks. The new train is extremely beautiful. :br

photo: Milton Mariano

Postby A.J. » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

That's a new train? Did they just use the same body with a new chassis? Or did they just repaint the old train?

So many questions... :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!