Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Goodbye to Speed: The Ride at the Sahara (Vegas)?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 pm

I was there Monday and they are still doing the whole 15 minute dispatch. Even if there was a full station. They were only charging $19.99 for an all day ride pass which isn't bad when they charge $10 a ride. However getting 4 rides on it took an hour... It was running well, everyone still loved it when they got off. It just didn't seem to go nearly as fast as I recall in the past. It really wasn't going that high up on the spike. A good 15ft away from the brakes.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am

When I called the hotel operator yesterday she did confirm that last day of operation will be this Sunday.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

If Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom reopen (may never reopen again though). They could place in the old Chang spot,and maybe theme it to an Batman or Green Latern theme.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 am

I rode Speed back in 2004 and I really liked it.

What concerns me about any sale is that what help makes this ride is the way it bends round the hotel and if it goes to a theme park it may lose something.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:27 pm

It's official, Speed: The Ride is now closed.
Last edited by Mr Stratosphere on Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 pm.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Booo... I will definitely miss it when I'm in Vegas... unless of course it's somehow saved!

Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 am

:(

Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 pm

When I went about 5 years ago, I didn't go on it, why did my ten year old self think Manhattan Express look more appealing...WHY???
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue May 03, 2011 2:13 pm

^^&^ Aaahhhh, user picture cloning! The rumors were true! :omg:

In other news, I too will miss Speed, the one Premier that valiantly stood out as the best coaster in a "park".

Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Sad. I made my first ever trip to Vegas in February of 2009 and Speed was closed. My wife and I were very disappointed. Turns out it re-opened shortly after we were there. Now I guess I'll never get to go back and get that credit. Boo.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS