Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 656 - Media Event for Batman: The Ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

If I were in the area, I'd probably ride Batman once and then marathon Joker.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RoxasBraveheart » Mon May 20, 2019 7:57 am

^^I'd probably ride batman once, then again to form a definitive opinion, then ditching that ride for Superman and Joker.
Keep on thrilling, TPR! :)
Power to the Coasters main blog: powertothecoasters.netlify.com

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby kylexy2298 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 am

Hey guys, quick question. I have a Six Flags Magic Mountain Gold Pass (not a membership pass) and I have used it to get into other Six Flags last year. Just wanted to see if I could still use the pass to get into the park and use the free parking as well. Thanks in advance!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am

^If your Gold Pass is still active then yes it will work at SFDL.

As stated you had a pass and not a membership. In that case it may have expired on December 31, 2018. I would recommend calling the park and seeing if your pass is still active or see if there is any online support that would check that status of your pass.

If you choose to get a membership at their insanely low monthly costs, just buy a new one for SFDK and get it processed when you go to the park. If you purchase a level that includes parking your printed voucher will work to park on your first visit prior to having your card processed.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby kylexy2298 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll call the park and double check that the pass is still active. Hopefully the crowds aren't too bad this Friday.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon May 20, 2019 6:01 pm

You can scan your pass with the Six Flags app and it will tell you what kind of pass you have and if it's active. Will save you a call and repeating numbers over the phone 30 times for them to finally understand ;)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby aero21 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 pm

Hey guys, Just got home from the media day for Batman: The Ride. It was quite a morning for the park and everyone involved had been at the park extremely early so I appreciated all the friendly employees and animal ambassadors. This ride was completed just in time for this preview with the State of California signing off on the ride just hours prior to the event. I am sure glad we didn't get another repeat of the Harley Quinn debacle from last year. The park is throwing an opening event tonight from 10pm until 3am and they still have a lot of work to do as most of the fencing surrounding the que was still in need of installation. The ride is the newest addition to the newly re-themed DC Universe area of the park which includes Superman, Wonderwoman, Harley Quinn, The Joker, The Penguin, and the re-themed The Flash: Vertical Velocity. A new restaurant called Big Belly Burger and a still yet to be finished quick service location between Batman and Harley Quinn. The area looks nice and fun but could use a few more themed elements to put it over the top (may I suggest moving the wave swinger and retheming it to the Gotham Crime Wave). Some major changes also seem to be on the way as it looks like the "Marine World" side of the park may be getting phased out. Removal of the Dolphin exhibits and infrastructure is underway and there are construction markers all the way up to the Sting Ray Bay exhibit. Hopefully this is all just to build a grand entrance to the DC area, but it feels more like a retreat from the original animal-centric version of the park. I was able to get about 12 rides in on The Batman and I think this was a wise investment as it is not only fun to ride but it adds a different kind of energy to the park. The park spent a good amount getting the que experience up to par with cool displays and techy type gadgets in the first building and a Batmobile (different one than id ever seen before) along the line. I won't go into detail about the ride experience because I am sure most of you have read about the these rides before. I will say the seats do not spin as much as I would have liked but that really depends on who your sitting with. On a full train you will get a much different experience than riding alone. Oddly enough I was able to ride with 3 of the band members of Imagine Dragons who are in town for a concert and we really spun. Also, as noted by a few of the ACErs in attendance, if your plus size you can really spin too. In all I want to thank Six Flags for having me out and I can't wait to see what you have planned next!
20190524_093614.jpg
20190524_101243.jpg
IMG_20190524_095038_945.jpg
The Penguin escaped!!
20190524_093646.jpg
The Joker
20190524_093658.jpg
Big Belly Burger
20190524_100129.jpg
Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster (when its open)
20190524_093813.jpg
The Flash: Vertical Velocity. Really nice repaint.
20190524_093720.jpg
deconstruction of the dolphin pool
IMG_20190524_095121_462.jpg
Overseeing his new toy.
20190524_101318.jpg
Batcomputer in the que
20190524_101321.jpg
more que themeing, more stuff is incoming.
20190524_101420.jpg
overview
IMG_20190524_093131_01.jpg
Still on the loose, and he found the donuts!
20190524_092656.jpg
20190524_092305.jpg
20190524_101340.jpg
20190524_094117.jpg
20190524_092601.jpg
He's getting away!
20190524_120731.jpg
Thanking my awesome host!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Sat May 25, 2019 2:59 pm

I’ve ridden a couple of these S&S 4D coasters and they are a ton of fun. The seating is pretty comfortable and you spin a pretty good amount during the ride. It is such a better ride than the POS Green Lantern at SFMM, which is thankfully getting removed. In fact, I’d love to see one of these 4D coasters replace Green Lantern, I doubt the GP would know the difference! Overall I think this a great addition to SFDK and I really like the direction of the park over the last few years.
Last edited by VegasBaby on Tue May 28, 2019 11:38 am.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: X2
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ALT2870 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Post features a penguin? 5/5 review. :P

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:36 am

Great report! It's great to see the improvements to the area and theming elements added along with this coaster.

How did that penguin get away and why did it take them so long to get him back?!? :omg:

I can't believe that dolphin pool is just gone. :cry: I mean, I can believe it, but it's sad for me to see. Hopefully this doesn't mean they're really trying to phase out all animal exhibits but maybe just rearrange things a bit? Anyone else remember the mid-2000s rebrand when they added the signage for Land/Sea/Sky? I think that was also when that pool and those exhibits (stingray, penguins, dolphin pool) were added. Obviously those exhibits don't particularly scream "DC Comics." While the very very back of the park is definitely pretty quiet compared to the front/ride areas of the park, it does seem the animal attractions are still popular in their own ways (though mainly the shows). There are also only so many rides they could put back there anyway due to height/noise restrictions. I guess only time will tell.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!