Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Thu May 11, 2017 2:12 am

That's a very nice location for a giant frisbee ride. Should provide some great views of the surrounding rollercoasters!

I haven't been on the HUSS version so I cannot compare it, but the Zamperla Giant Discovery at Tusenfryd was a lot of fun! :)

Thu May 11, 2017 11:51 am

Superbatboy wrote:SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I think it helps that most of the rides are packed in the front of the park, but the rest of the park is nice and open. It means it's really easy to get away from the cramped areas. Of course, if they put in a new ride to replace to Go-Karts, that corner is sure going to be busy...

Thu May 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Superbatboy wrote:SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I was just thinking more or less the same thing. From the parking lot (and I assume the freeway) it looks crowded with rides. They sure have done well with packing things in there, and I totally believe they could get more if they wanted.

Mon May 22, 2017 12:59 am

Was at the park this past Friday. WW is looking great! Though it may look massive and cramped in this location it fits perfectly. One of the supports are situated in the pathway used to walk from the parking lot to the entrance and WW will definitely swing over it. The should be awesome for both riders and guests walking towards the entrance.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:54 pm

^ Oh that sounds really cool! I'd love to see some pics.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Love what they did with the entrance
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-27-16-15-36.png

Sat May 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Wait until you see the light show WW puts on at night!

Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 pm

The entrance plaza looks amazing. Has anyone ridden the ride yet?

Sun May 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Walking up to the front gate. They picked the perfect spot for Wonder Woman. It will be my first ride of the day.
IMG_6147.JPG

What I'm seeing first glance while standing in line is that this Discovery only rotates in one direction vs rotating clockwise and counterclockwise like its other brothers and sisters already in operation.

Sun May 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Do you think there's a risk of people on the ride dropping things on the people walking below?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS