Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park Announces White Lightning!

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:55 pm

I bet wheelie will have some awesome LEDs
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Patrick210 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:34 am

You are correct, our Enterprise (used to be the Wheelie) will have a brand new, state of the art LED package along with its bright new paint job..

Also, our Rip Curl ride has started to show up on site. It is a brand new, custom designed Himalaya style ride with a surfing theme. It will be housed in a new permanent structure shown here. Our owner's wife is showcasing the ride base, which is slightly taller than normal for a little more extreme ride.
smDSCF2402.jpg
Rip Curl structure
smRip Curl 122012037.jpg
Ride base showcased by Lois Arie
smid_A16AEF8E-DE8A-4BC9-AF2C-D28AC44CD3D5.jpg
Testing the scenery lighting at the Wisdom factory in Colorado
smDSCF2445.jpg
First shipment arrives
smDSCF2444.jpg
First shipment arrives

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 am

I like the look of the cars on Rip Curl.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:53 am

That looks great, and I love the idea of a "slightly more extreme" Himalaya. A well-run Himalaya never gets old as is, an improved one should be amazing.

I can't wait to see what the Enterprise looks like!

Really, every update on this park makes me grin. It seems like the owners and management are really putting in all the effort they can to make this place special. This is the kind of park we need more of; I'll take a little place like this over a Six Flags any day. It's a long way from me at the other end of the east coast, but I'm definitely going to have to make an excuse to get there in the next year or two...absolutely have to support this kind of place!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Love the idea of getting a well known style of ride but altering it to make it a little unique for your park. I'm really excited for everyone in Orlando. Can't say enough about how much I like the way this park is looking.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Have we heard about height requirements on all the new rides?

I've got a very excited but short six year old who is dying to know!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I don't think we've heard the height requirements yet, but here's some comparable ones:

Enterprise: 42" (this is what it was at Six Flags Over Georgia)
Rip Curl: 48" (I believe this is the what it is for this Wisdom Rides model)
White Lightning: 48" (common requirement for Millennium Flyers)
Freedom Flyer: 44" (not 100% sure, but that's what it is on Kvasten at Gröna Lund)
SkyCoaster: 48" (that's if this one doesn't offer the pink flight suits or not, although I'm doubting it will due to the height)

I'm still not sure what other rides are going to be included. According to the rendering these are the other rides still not confirmed:

Scrambler: 48", 36-48" and accompanied by a responsible person
Tilt-a-Whirl: 46" or accompanied by a responsible person
Screaming Swing (I think, but unsure about the manufacturer)

These are not accurate, only my own guesses, not meant to throw anyone off. :(
Last edited by Lareson on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 pm

This park gets more and more awesome every time I drive past it or look at this thread. Adding the classic rides like Himalaya, Enterprise, and hopefully Scrambler and Tilt-A-Whirl is really going to give it a classic feel. I also really love the fact that they're making permanent installations for these rides as opposed to the more trailer-mounted style of the Kissimmee park. I think this expansion is going to be wildly successful, and I love living a mile away from it all!

Now, to whoever says we'll never see an Intamin Mega-Lite installed in the US, this park would be the best contender for one! (We know you guys are reading this!) :p

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Patrick210 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 am

This rendering shows the park as it will open initially. The only differences will be minor, slight rotation of a ride or two, maybe. There will still be room for a number of additional rides in the future. Down the main path you will have the Chance Double-Carousel, Scrambler, Paratrooper, Larson Tilt-A-Whirl ( which will probably finish being installed today). Other side has the Schwarzkopf Enterprise Type III and the Wisdom Rip Curl (Himalaya). The Rip Curl is basically the same ride as the Cosmotron in Knoebels, except we have extended the height of the track to 10'. It's a larger ride than the Arctic Circle, bigger diameter - more cars. Of course there are the two large coasters, kiddie coaster & kiddie rides, and we think the new go-kart track will be the best one we've ever built. We build those in house, by the way. Also, The Rip Curl will begin to be installed next week. The first bridge and the double up double down bents will be complete today on the GCI, down to the restroom building.
plot 47B sm logo.jpg
Park rendering

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 am

^So has the Screaming Swing been scrapped? Or it will it just appear at some point in the future?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!