Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Reeks of Books

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park expanding by 10 acres!

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 am

I hope if it is GCI's Big Fun, they call it the Big Fun Spot...;)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby OrlandoPete » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

Swimace wrote:Could Florida actually become home to a decent wooden coaster again? We don't have one operating ever since DBH closed... I feel so bad for the Central Florida population, they think that all wooden coasters feel like Gwazi!

Have you been on Gwazi with the Millennium Flyers? I rode it this past week and thought it was awesome. I didn't find it to be rough in the least for a woodie.

Either way, very excited about this news!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 pm

^Riding Gwazi at Busch Gardens Bash last month left me with one of the worst roller coaster rides I've ever had. (And you guys all know, I've had a lot!)

Lion side, back seat, and I have other people that were on the train with me to vouch for my report.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

MF's didn't help Gwazi IMO, I hate it. I wish they would burn it to the ground. We have this POS and Jersey has El toro, booooooo. DBH proved that you can have good wooden rides in Florida. The Hurricane would be considered a very good coaster if it was in Orlando.

Cool news about Fun Spot adding a couple coasters, Big fun coming to Orlando sounds about right. Probably a perfect idea for them. The steel coaster will be interesting.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Riding Gwazi at Busch Gardens Bash last month left me with one of the worst roller coaster rides I've ever had. (And you guys all know, I've had a lot!)

Lion side, back seat, and I have other people that were on the train with me to vouch for my report.

I can vouch that I also had a crappy ride that day. I was pretty surprised because it was running ok when they just put in the new trains. But again, we are still talking about Gwazi.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Even with the new trains I wouldn't put Gwazi in the "good" woodie category, but it's a little better. It's by far my least favorite of any of the GCIs and that includes the Roar coasters on each coast.

With that said, I'm all for a GCI Big Fun being built in the area. I absolutely loved the video from the IAAPA updates.

...I'm sensing another central Florida season pass purchase in my future. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how the wooden coaster turns out. Not that this would be the only reason, but maybe I should head to Florida in 2013?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:29 am

SharkTums wrote:^Riding Gwazi at Busch Gardens Bash last month left me with one of the worst roller coaster rides I've ever had. (And you guys all know, I've had a lot!)

Worse then Anaconda at Walygator Parc? Where everyone on the TPRtrip ran off a ERT session? haha

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:47 am

^Worse!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:18 am

Gwazi has been hit or miss with the new trains for me but I can't help but wonder if the fact that the ride was retracked and then still ran PTCs for a year prior to the new trains have any effect. We've heard the stories about the Voyage's track being all out of whack for the Timberliners because of the PTCs - could that year gap between retracking/new trains have bowed out the track that causes the MFs to shuffle?

Sorry to get off topic there just thinking out loud.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!