Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 187 - Fun Spot Orlando Park Back Open!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 879
Joined: 14 Aug 2014
Location: Livingston, AL
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Great news to hear! Maybe I can get a quick coaster fix in June. . . hopefully. I've never been here and would love to visit. This little park seems like so much fun!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

What I do and who I am
User avatar
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Ocoee, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 55

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby pianojohn » Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 am

Hmm...NO temp checks, no required masks for guests? Does the park assume ZERO liability??
How long til someone gets sick and they are shut down?
Very short sighted of this park. Disappointed in them.

I know more about donkeys than women!
 
Posts: 356
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby sfkk » Sat May 23, 2020 5:50 am

pianojohn wrote:Hmm...NO temp checks, no required masks for guests? Does the park assume ZERO liability??
How long til someone gets sick and they are shut down?
Very short sighted of this park. Disappointed in them.


I mean... they are recommending masks and are doing NINE (yes, 3 more than recommended by the CDC) feet apart in the queue lines. People don’t exactly live under a rock. I also don’t see a lot of 65+ people visiting fun spot, hitting the go cart tracks and downing a couple beers. Also Island H2O live waterpark in Orlando opens today. as well.

What I do and who I am
User avatar
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Ocoee, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 55

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby pianojohn » Sun May 24, 2020 4:02 am

sfkk wrote:
pianojohn wrote:Hmm...NO temp checks, no required masks for guests? Does the park assume ZERO liability??
How long til someone gets sick and they are shut down?
Very short sighted of this park. Disappointed in them.


I mean... they are recommending masks and are doing NINE (yes, 3 more than recommended by the CDC) feet apart in the queue lines. People don’t exactly live under a rock. I also don’t see a lot of 65+ people visiting fun spot, hitting the go cart tracks and downing a couple beers. Also Island H2O live waterpark in Orlando opens today. as well.


I also know the clientele that Fun Spot usually attracts (I Drive tourists, locals) and I highly doubt any of them will wear masks or stay 6 or even 9 feet apart. And I have been to this park dozens of times, so I speak from a voice of experience. I wish them the best, but I know how stupid people are.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: 16 Nov 2013
Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am

Looks like Fun Spot Kissimmee reopened today at noon. They are requiring masks to be worn while visiting due to a local ordinance.
3FA1171E-928B-40A5-BC15-1BFD41A47A7E.jpeg

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.
User avatar
 
Posts: 3922
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby Jakizle » Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm

"We recommend we bring your own"

Oh Fun Spot. I hope they corrected that.

What I do and who I am
User avatar
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Ocoee, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 55

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby pianojohn » Wed May 27, 2020 3:48 am

Jakizle wrote:"We recommend we bring your own"

Oh Fun Spot. I hope they corrected that.


Nope. Still saying "We recommend we bring your own."

Fun Spot. The WalMart of Dollar Trees. And we got the clientele to prove it!

Online
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: 24 Jun 2011
Location: SLO Cal
Gender: Male
Age: 38

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby 805Andrew » Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 am

I'm surprised the city of Kissimmee is requiring them to wear masks and the city of Orlando isn't. I thought it would be the other way around.
Image
http://coaster-count.com/userinfo15854.xhtml and http://www.coastercounter.com/805Andrew
(I don't count traveling fairs and casinos as parks, and I count Coney Island as one park)[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/07c56b6e6c57795b5e848cab51dd406e.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/4bcb6d715cbe293b80fdfea5d0baf0b0.jpg[/img][/url]

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 29

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed May 27, 2020 5:39 am

805Andrew wrote:I'm surprised the city of Kissimmee is requiring them to wear masks and the city of Orlando isn't. I thought it would be the other way around.

It's not a city thing, it's a county thing. Osceola County is enforcing required face masks in public for everyone, Orange County is not. It doesn't make it any less peculiar.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron