Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:25 pm

coasterbill wrote:Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time.

I can second this, since it used to be in my area and I rode it once. Celebration City was always proud of it too, and I get why. For a cheap ride, it isn't completely awful.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:46 pm

I hadn't ridden it since it opened at FS, but loved it at Wild Adventures. It's a fun re-rideable ride, to me. No, it's not the biggest or best ride out there, but I love that it was put somewhere I can go ride it when I'm in the area to go to SeaWorld.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:19 pm

coasterbill wrote:Hey so update...

We were in Orlando last week and stopped by this place after a day at Disney. We honestly weren't really in the mood to ride it after spending 4 days walking around parks and Disney World seemed like a tough act to follow but we were looking for some fast food since it was late, literally passed it anyway and decided to bite the bullet and ride it since we were right there. We parked in the back and were in and out in 10 minutes. The coaster wasn't running (or even turned on) and had no ride op but someone walked over and turned it on for us. :lol:

Anyway, I actually liked it a lot better than the similar-looking ride in Atlanta. Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time. The ride ops are also over-the-top proud of the thing, telling us how it just opened and enthusiastically asking us what we thought when er got back to the station. We told them it was amazing.

Old Town is so f*cking weird.

I agree the jankiness of it helped the ride, except for the second turn. That second turn was brutal!

But the rest of the ride had some good airtime and laterals on the turns that were way too tight.

Also in my 2017 and 2018 visits, I didn't find Mine Blower rough. It shuffled, but I found it plenty reridable. On my visit a few weeks ago, I thought it was running considerably rougher. Has anyone else noticed that?

I know people have called the ride rough from day 1, but I would defend it until my most recent rides. I still love the coaster's aggressive layout, but I did get a headache after a few rides. Meanwhile I could and did marathon Hurricane.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Fun Spot America- Kissimmeee & Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Agreed, rode Mineblower last August, had a great time, but it was rather rough. The airtime, laterals, and overall intensity were still there, and I have no regrets, but it was running rougher than I excepted.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Nevermind
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Also in my 2017 and 2018 visits, I didn't find Mine Blower rough. It shuffled, but I found it plenty reridable. On my visit a few weeks ago, I thought it was running considerably rougher. Has anyone else noticed that?

I know people have called the ride rough from day 1, but I would defend it until my most recent rides. I still love the coaster's aggressive layout, but I did get a headache after a few rides. Meanwhile I could and did marathon Hurricane.

I'm one of those day one people, I think Mine Blower is a hot mess and I ride it on average once every few months, and only once. The layout is masterful but they really need to do something about those valleys.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:27 am

Important corona announcement from Fun Spot...

They'll die it green for you from now through tomorrow night! Cheers! :lol:

Postby ernierocker » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:43 am

^Please tell me they sell Corona there?!?

Postby coasterbill » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:47 am

They do, but I don't know if the Corona is green. It's probably only Bud Light or some sh*t. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:49 am

Fun Spot was already in contention, but I think they sealed it. They officially have the best hours/operating calendar of any park by not closing through this.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Fun Spot America- Kissimmeee & Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!