Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park Announces White Lightning!

Postby Inukaza » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Rai Fox wrote:Oh, wow. Wish I could have been there for that. Really surprised that Funspot actually allowed that; I know others that have tried to set that kind of thing up at parks, and don't know anyone that's had any success; most are far too afraid of the liabilities (safety issues with limited vision, or getting tails caught in moving parts, etc). Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

As far as everyone else, how do you survive on the internet if you're that easily creeped out?

As it turns out, they have always been extremely lax on that. Previous Megaplex's we've done the Slingshot and Skycoaster. Granted, this is the first time we were allowed on the coasters. As it turns out, they were able to skycoaster this time around too. I would attach the photos, but it's just going to add to the clutter, so I'm deciding against it.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Inukaza wrote:
Rai Fox wrote:Oh, wow. Wish I could have been there for that. Really surprised that Funspot actually allowed that; I know others that have tried to set that kind of thing up at parks, and don't know anyone that's had any success; most are far too afraid of the liabilities (safety issues with limited vision, or getting tails caught in moving parts, etc). Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

As far as everyone else, how do you survive on the internet if you're that easily creeped out?

As it turns out, they have always been extremely lax on that. Previous Megaplex's we've done the Slingshot and Skycoaster. Granted, this is the first time we were allowed on the coasters. As it turns out, they were able to skycoaster this time around too. I would attach the photos, but it's just going to add to the clutter, so I'm deciding against it.

Well, it's the first time they've -had- coasters. Still, my opinion of the place is just going up more and more. Maybe I'll make it to Megaplex one of these years soon.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Rai Fox wrote: Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

Or desperate for business. ;)
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:13 pm

I feel even less excited about eventually getting the credits at Fun Spot now... :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Ugh, can we go back to talking about more pleasant topics like bowling pins riding coasters.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Okay, let's change the subject and talk about the possible future for Fun Spot Action Park. Now after that the park is starting to generate more $$$, now the next question should be - what will they do for an encore?

My vote would be for a dark ride, regardless if it's a walkthrough or a ride. =)

WHITE LIGHTING!!! Can you survive its strike? :shockr:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ucfjav930 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:23 am

Speaking about Future, any one have any information based on their waterpark phase? Is that still a go? or no? I personally would prefer them to develop more of the FEC side with other rides and attractions. I feel what is definitely missing is a log flume for certain, and if I could truly have it my way a shuttle loop :lmao: but highly impossible.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:26 am

^^I woudn't mind if they got one of the newer shooting dark rides by Sally Corp. ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The49er » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

ucfjav930 wrote:Speaking about Future, any one have any information based on their waterpark phase? Is that still a go? or no?

I was about to ask the same thing. The dueling bowl slides and SplashRally looked pretty cool.
Last Park: CP / Last Credit: Blue Streak lol / Credit Count: 70
Top 5 Wood: SCBB Giant Dipper, Gold Striker, GhostRider pre-refurb, Blue Streak, CGA Grizzly
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, X2, Millennium Force, Tatsu

Next Park: ?
Next Credit: ?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sackninja » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 am

I've never been (might go if people think it's any good? How expensive would it be to pay per ride?) But based on there current line up I defiantly think that a water ride, preferably a log flume, would be the way to go. It would complete the line up and it's so warm in Florida it would be a great way to cool off.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!