Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park Announces White Lightning!

Postby chadster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:42 pm

This is really awesome. I hope the locals takes note and support them well into the future.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby skubersky » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm honored to appear in my first TPR photo gallery, and thank Adam for sharing a moment of mortal terror with me. For the record, my hair was grey before the Skycoaster... ;-)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 pm

That sure is a beauty of a little park! The refurbished Enterprise and the Freedom Fighter toy guy are especially cool in my book!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:40 pm

"Fun Spot" seems like an understatement with all the new additions and total makeover! Looks like a really awesome place. I LOVE Himalayas and kick-ass woodies that leave me grinning ear to ear! Haven't seen a ride like Enterprise in years - the last one I rode was Cyclops at Hersheypark many moons ago. The lighting package on it looks great. Way to go Fun Spot for hitting it out of the park!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 am

A.J. wrote:I just noticed that the Enterprise sign is in the Star Trek font. Nice!

When I saw that photo I thought someone had taken a giant nes controller and wrote on it using the star trek font ;)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:28 am

This looks to be an awesome and major addition - the re-launched Funspot is now officially on the top of my list the next time I visit Orlando. Although SWO's Antarctica does have penguins.

Hmmm... Penguins > Woodie? Woodie > Penguins? Either way, it's a win-win! Although I didn't know that they moved SFOG's Wheelie there... unheralded Schwartzkopf-rescuing WIN!

Seriously, very excited for the Fun Spot folks - I've always been impressed with how well run & staffed they are, especially compared to a lot of mediocre/scary operators around in the whole go-kart racket... they're clearly one of the classier operations, and I sincerely hope the paying public supports them with their business - and allows them more $$$ for even further expansion, because clearly they're making great choices!
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 am

I cannot say enough about this great little park! I have been going every week now sometimes twice a week to ride their great coaster and enjoy the friendly service provided by everyone. It's a nice change of pace from the huge theme parks, and I wish them nothing but success for many years to come! :br

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:06 pm

This place really does looks fantastic, I can't wait to check it out on my next trip to Orlando (July 4th weekend can't get here soon enough!).

I really hope Fun Spot has a tremendous amount of success with these additions. I realize that the Orlando market is vastly different than every other market in the world but I feel like there are a ton of little go cart/ mini golf/arcade centric FEC's out there in America that could pull off an expansion like this. Best of luck to this place!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 pm

This looks like Florida's Paradise! I wish I could runaway to Florida, but Texas is always my home!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Looking forward to checking out the park in October. Also, I completely missed that they were putting in a kiddie credit. 3 new credits!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!