TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

On weekends, yes, though I've never gone on a weekday. You'll never wait more than a cycle for a ride, but everything is always running.

• 2 months later...
Hmm...NO temp checks, no required masks for guests? Does the park assume ZERO liability??

How long til someone gets sick and they are shut down?

Very short sighted of this park. Disappointed in them.

I mean... they are recommending masks and are doing NINE (yes, 3 more than recommended by the CDC) feet apart in the queue lines. People don’t exactly live under a rock. I also don’t see a lot of 65+ people visiting fun spot, hitting the go cart tracks and downing a couple beers. Also Island H2O live waterpark in Orlando opens today. as well.

Hmm...NO temp checks, no required masks for guests? Does the park assume ZERO liability??

How long til someone gets sick and they are shut down?

Very short sighted of this park. Disappointed in them.

I mean... they are recommending masks and are doing NINE (yes, 3 more than recommended by the CDC) feet apart in the queue lines. People don’t exactly live under a rock. I also don’t see a lot of 65+ people visiting fun spot, hitting the go cart tracks and downing a couple beers. Also Island H2O live waterpark in Orlando opens today. as well.

I also know the clientele that Fun Spot usually attracts (I Drive tourists, locals) and I highly doubt any of them will wear masks or stay 6 or even 9 feet apart. And I have been to this park dozens of times, so I speak from a voice of experience. I wish them the best, but I know how stupid people are.

"We recommend we bring your own"

Oh Fun Spot. I hope they corrected that.

Nope. Still saying "We recommend we bring your own."

Fun Spot. The WalMart of Dollar Trees. And we got the clientele to prove it!

I'm surprised the city of Kissimmee is requiring them to wear masks and the city of Orlando isn't. I thought it would be the other way around.

It's not a city thing, it's a county thing. Osceola County is enforcing required face masks in public for everyone, Orange County is not. It doesn't make it any less peculiar.

• 3 months later...
I just saw a picture of it. This looks a bit more obvious than the Topper Track RMC uses, but I'm interested to see how it rides!

Honestly looks more like their I-box/Iron Horse track to me since the entire beam/rail is made out of steel.

I really look forward to see where this takes GCI, the more competition for RMC the better. Intamin, B&M and Vekoma are already taking design elements from Alan Schilke, curious to see if GCI will follow the lead also.

I just saw a picture of it. This looks a bit more obvious than the Topper Track RMC uses, but I'm interested to see how it rides!

Honestly looks more like their I-box/Iron Horse track to me since the entire beam/rail is made out of steel.

I really look forward to see where this takes GCI, the more competition for RMC the better. Intamin, B&M and Vekoma are already taking design elements from Alan Schilke, curious to see if GCI will follow the lead also.

I always though Alan Schilke stole elements from Intamin lol. They all kinda just steal from each other lol

I always though Alan Schilke stole elements from Intamin lol. They all kinda just steal from each other lol

Alan pretty much 'invented' outwark banked turns on the S&S launch coasters over in China. I suppose, however, that inspiration always has to come from somewhere. Intamin inspired Alan, Alan Inspires Intamin designers. In the end, it benefits the industry as a whole. Especially us enthusiasts; the more, the merrier when it comes to extreme rides.

Acquire. They acquire ideas from each other. Just like how I've acquired various random tools throughout my career.