TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

No worries. Listen, I respond to something, and then I usually find out that I already responded,

several pages back in the thread. My memory is getting more stupid, every year. Old age. Go figure.

https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76833

EDIT: By the way, the new little coaster looks great, I'm sure the klids will enjoy it. As for that mini-golf course,

Geez I wish we had something like that at Playland, instead of the bland-blah-bleah course they have, now.

AdventureGolf.jpg.b0f2d6c738e8bc3dec6abfaa928bd5df.jpg

Playland's Adventure Golf ~ Needs more trees. And water. And...everything else. Photo from PNE.

the Mini Golf at Fun Spot Atlanta looks amazing.

We didn't have enough time when there last year to play, but I did get a pic of of from the Ferris Wheel

(I'm back in ATL over Labor Day weekend, for Dragon*con, and we're already planning to spend that Monday at SFOG with a stop at Fun Spot to play mini golf)

IMG_4513.thumb.JPG.14fe6861d19ed0097ced2004e9df5c34.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder. If you are planning on going to any of the FunSpot Parks in Florida this year or until June of 2020, this is the weekend to buy your passes. This weekend only, on their anniversary weekend, you can buy a day pass for only 25 bucks ! ( and no hidden fees on the web site to buy) Just bought a bunch of passes for us. Good Deal.

I noticed that RCDB now lists the old Viking Voyage coaster from Wild Adventures as being "In Storage" at Fun Spot Atlanta. Did I miss an announcement about this coaster or could it possibly just be a parts donor for their current Miler?

I noticed that RCDB now lists the old Viking Voyage coaster from Wild Adventures as being "In Storage" at Fun Spot Atlanta. Did I miss an announcement about this coaster or could it possibly just be a parts donor for their current Miler?

Screamin Eagle is going to Fun Spot America in Kissimmee, also according to rcdb.

Edited by larrygator

Thanks! Screamin' Eagle has some intense moments and I do like the coaster, so it'll be nice to have it at the Kissimmee location I go to more often.

Where is it going? Hopefully they are not replacing rockstar

Thanks! Screamin' Eagle has some intense moments and I do like the coaster, so it'll be nice to have it at the Kissimmee location I go to more often.

Where is it going? Hopefully they are not replacing rockstar

I'm hoping it doesn't come at the expense of another ride since aI thought they had space by those random flat rides in back, but I'd take it over the Rockstar Coaster personally.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hoping Screamin’ Eagle goes into that back part of Old Town as well. I love both of those Miler coasters. I rode Viking Voyage at its original home and it was my favorite coaster at that park. Even though Screamin’ Eagle was half its size, I still thought it was a blast with that double down! That Old Town section would definitely benefit from it. It seems depressing as it sits right now and hardly anybody goes over there. Both parks will definitely benefit from these additions!

• 1 month later...

^ Seems to be some sort of promotion with nearby school districts.

https://www.wftv.com/community/9-family-connection/fun-spot-america-announces-golden-rule-day-at-florida-parks/978145949

ORLANDO, Fla. - Fun Spot America is initiating its Golden Rule Day in Orlando and Kissimmee, Florida, on Saturday, August 24th by raising funds for Orange and Osceola County Public Schools.

"I am so excited about this event as it reminds me of growing up in my parent's house," Fun Spot America CEO and owner John Arie Jr. said. "They always treated others how they wanted to be treated." "As I have taken over for my father after 50+ years in the industry it has not been easy filling his shoes," John Arie Jr. said. "I realized about a year ago that when you practice the Golden Rule everything else falls into place and I am so excited to go public with this mission as we all need to practice this a little bit more in our lives."

On Saturday, guests will receive huge savings that day as Single Day Fun Passes are reduced to $25 each plus tax, and Fun Spot will donate $5 to the Orange or Osceola County Education Foundations for every Fun Pass purchased.

"We have been so blessed with our business in the 20+ years in central Florida and now in Fayetteville, Georgia," John Arie Jr. said. "Giving back to the community is what warms our hearts and we are setting the example through our actions, not just our words." "We invite everyone to come to our parks and see it first-hand."

"It doesn't end there," John Arie Jr. said. "We want to help our community, so 20% of our Single Day Fun Pass sales for this promotion is going to Orange or Osceola County Public Schools." "This is going directly to students and teachers in these communities."

Guests may purchase up to ten Single Day Fun Passes and use them on August 24th or any time before June 1st of 2020. This is a limited time offer, passes are on sale online or at the park that day only from midnight through 12:00 noon. Guests should purchase online or visit the parks early that morning to take advantage of this offer.

"We have had an overwhelming response from our government officials, local business leaders, corporations, media partners, Florida Citrus Sports, and many more." John Arie Jr. said. "We are going to turn the communities we serve, this nation, and then the globe GOLD!!!!" "Thanks for being a part of our mission!!!!"

• 1 month later...

Fun Spot is hard at work erecting their new coaster in Kissimmee. This appears to be Viking Voyage from Wild Adventures as Scream'n Eagle is still operating in Atlanta based on their website and Facebook page where people were talking about how rough it was as recently as a week ago. The color scheme on this second picture backs this up too.

71935877_10158845424116978_2601457636738072576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmCsc4BBDkO3LgWf40ekc6otw0JJDeLNYnIZZmjRd_ZC4r4H8zRQE7a4uiqrl9fWeA&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=97a3c7078be7ce728fd42a7d3c72ce99&oe=5E3440E4

Source

72251603_10158861395626978_5238887703344316416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQn1mHz5kVnB8Y-l5HW9eyrmKIaQYkyFgMH-NEEauvQaeV868xWWA5ZHFpX0jK7rKEw&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=f7badd23adc925922b769629121a4632&oe=5E2FDD8B

Source

Edited by coasterbill

Oh man, I didn't realize another one of these existed out there. Ugh, I'm torn between wanting to hate-ride this for nostalgia's sake and wishing for another natural disaster to come through and spare people from riding this one, as well.

Fun Spot is hard at work erecting their new coaster in Kissimmee. This appears to be Viking Voyage from Wild Adventures as Scream'n Eagle is still operating in Atlanta based on their website and Facebook page where people were talking about how rough it was as recently as a week ago. The color scheme on this second picture backs this up too.

When I rode Scream'n Eagle in April, it was smooth to me. I actually enjoyed it. I only went since it became a Fun Spot park and it was on my way back to FL after my SFOG visit.

Oh man, I didn't realize another one of these existed out there. Ugh, I'm torn between wanting to hate-ride this for nostalgia's sake and wishing for another natural disaster to come through and spare people from riding this one, as well.

When it one was at Wild Adventures, it was the best coaster in that park. It's the only one I kept riding over and over again. I love it. If that one is indeed the one being erected at the FS Kissimmee park, I'll be quite thrilled (especially since I don't like Mine Blower).