TR: It's SHOWtime at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Or Disney/MGM...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

TR: It's SHOWtime at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Postby robbalvey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Today we did something VERY "anti-Robb & Elissa"....we spent most of the day at a theme park watching shows!

If you've read many of our reports you'll know that we aren't "show people", but when you're at a park mostly for a 3-year old, sometimes your outlook on things can change.

We arrived at Disney/MGM Studios around 11:00am....

Today we will be at Hollywood Studios taking pictures of strange families in front of signs.

KidTums' favorite show!

To KidTums this is like getting a picture with Joey Fatone!

I know it's a show for kids, and most people probably haven't seen it unless you have kids, but the puppets are seriously cool!

And you can even learn some Spanish!

KidTums goes crazy!!! She's such a groupie!

1..2..3... SURPRISE!!!

"Good Tower"

Onto our next show of the day...

The opening mash-up of Bonjour and Gaston was always top notch for a theme park show.

The giant characters always looked a bit odd to me, but it keeps the kids happy.

The "Les Mis"-esque Kill the Beast segment always makes me chuckle a little, but really it's very well done.

Can you spot the Beast in this photo? I'll give you a hint...she was somewhere on the left...

KidTums says "He has his hat...I like him when he has his hat!"

KidTums is making a new movie called "The Very Gray Rabbit."

And just like daddy...She's working on Aladdin!

"When is there going to be another Incredibles movie, daddy?"

Future Pixar goodness! I'm not to hot about Cars 2, but VERY curious about Brave!

No! No! No!!! Lotso is a BAD GUY!!! He tried to KILL Woody and Buzz! I hate that the parks are making him out to be cute and cuddly!

Lasers are so 1990s!

"Why is she so mean to the leg people???"

Another awesome "hidden gem" restaurant at Walt Disney World.

Noted!

There is something very creepy and "Futurama" about this...

Is Dick Clark dead???

For some strange reason we ended up seeing the American Idol show...no we didn't lose a bet or anything.

You know, the show wasn't terrible, but like Ellen's Lesbian Hour, I don't feel the need to ever see it again.

Disney's Hollywood Pixar Studios.

60 Minutes? Meh... We'll play the iPhone version!

When the lights aren't on, it kind of looks like something on the roof of the City Museum!

"Please turn the cameras off. The Star Tours sign and I need to have a private moment."

This show was "epic" before epic became "epic!"

How do they know where the Braille map is???

"Why the hell would anyone want to go to Milwaukee, Wisconsin???

Hope you guys like the update! If you do, post a comment and we will continue to do more of these mini-updates from Orlando!

--Robb
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:30 pm.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: TR: It's SHOWtime at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Postby coasterguy4 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Great update Robb, what would you say is your favorite show you saw that day?
WCB 08.09.10.11.12

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time seeing all the shows. Did you have the chance to witness the amazing Drew Carey Sound Spectacular and Special Effect Crap Show?

I thought the Beauty and the Beast show was the second best show at Walt Disney World after the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom. It's awesome to see you guys having fun doing other things you don't normally do. Way to branch out guys!

Jimmy "Saw Beauty and the Beast in Phoenix a couple weeks ago" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:58 pm

JimmyBo wrote:I thought the Beauty and the Beast show was the second best show at Walt Disney World after the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom.

Yeah, the Beauty & The Beast show was the best of the 4 shows we saw today...

It's awesome to see you guys having fun doing other things you don't normally do. Way to branch out guys!

No, no! We hate it! We are just not show people! I mean, we'll sit through them when we HAVE to, but we would normally not be caught dead going out of our way to see them!

It was a fun day, but I'd say everything we did today don't need to ever do again! =)

--Robb

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Robb I feel the same way about shows at parks! It kills me to sit through a show with friends/family knowing that there are coasters right outside of the theater, hahaha. The worst was at Kings Dominion during the Haunt, while we went and saw Fangs knowing that there was a giga across the park with a 30 second wait! :airtimer: The only park that I can sit through a show and be okay with it is at Dollywood after I hit up Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, Tornado, and Blazing Fury several times each!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby adeuce02 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 pm

I agree lotso is evil and cold-hearted and its weird he's promoted like the nicest thing in the world.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Yeah, we've done the shows at "MGM" once and that was pretty much enough. We did Beauty and the Beast a 2nd time when we took my Mother In-Law with us. The only show I will wait to see is the Nemo show at DAK.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby saginawhxc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:34 pm

I actually enjoy shows at parks. They are usually campy and unspectacular in a lame sort of way, but they provide a very nice mid day break.

I'm enjoying the Disney updates because I'm contemplating a trip down there this winter.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

I hate the LOTSO thing as well. He was an ass, and frankly he is one of the creepier villains if not only for the reason that the toy story characters were so close to actually dying in that furnace. However, I want to see if its true that his costume actually smells like strawberries.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:57 pm

the ghost wrote:I hate the LOTSO thing as well. He was an A$$, and frankly he is one of the creepier villains if not only for the reason that the toy story characters were so close to actually dying in that furnace. However, I want to see if its true that his costume actually smells like strawberries.

The one at WDW totally did! You can tell that they were pumping in a strawberry smell into the room. It was actually quite a clever touch.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive