Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am

coasterbill wrote:
robbalvey wrote:If you've never been you should go! It's actually REALLY NICE little park! I actually don't think you'd feel that out of place to be honest.

That's great to hear! I'm sure we'll get there in the next year or so to check this thing out. It looks like a great little ride, it definitely has a "Wooden Warrior" vibe and we loved that thing.

Note - He's saying you're okay to go because at least you have a female with you! As a parent, I think I'd still be creeped out a bit seeing some single male dude wandering around riding rides at Sesame Place.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am

I've heard nothing but great things about the smaller Gravity Group coasters like Wooden Warrior and Roar-a-Saurus so I'm sure this ride will be a perfect fit. I'd love to visit this park with my kids if I lived in the area.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

SharkTums wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
robbalvey wrote:If you've never been you should go! It's actually REALLY NICE little park! I actually don't think you'd feel that out of place to be honest.

That's great to hear! I'm sure we'll get there in the next year or so to check this thing out. It looks like a great little ride, it definitely has a "Wooden Warrior" vibe and we loved that thing.

Note - He's saying you're okay to go because at least you have a female with you! As a parent, I think I'd still be creeped out a bit seeing some single male dude wandering around riding rides at Sesame Place.

:nina:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:07 am

:lol: Oh I figured, and I've already thought of asking Brit to wear something from the parenting magazine she works for to make it look like she's writing a piece on it or something. To be fair, she actually does write a piece on local family friendly theme parks each spring and I have managed to convince her to throw in some Easter eggs like listing "Moose on the Loose" as a can't miss ride at Darien Lake, warning parents that some children "May not be able to handle El Toro's greatness" at Great Adventure, specifying the exact location of the only acceptable Pirogi stand at Knoebels and telling everyone to essentially skip all of the local parks and drive 3 hours to Knoebels instead. I won't blow up her spot and link to her publication directly on here, but the article is on their website and goes out in their print publication every Spring so I guess technically we could invent a legitimate reason to go there.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am

It's still gonna be weird for solo enthusiasts. I expect a ton of awkward glances and staring at anyone without kids. :lol:

Well, I fit this category perfectly! =) I'm a solo enthusiasts, and after visiting Legoland FL for the first time this year, I found the atmosphere to be . . . enjoyable. I stayed from open to close and truly had a great time. Parks like Legoland and Sesame Place may be geared toward kids, but adults can have fun as well. But then again, I'm a big kid myself. ;) I'm excited for this new addition and hope to visit this park some day.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm

ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:and after visiting Legoland FL for the first time this year, I found the atmosphere to be . . . enjoyable. I stayed from open to close and truly had a great time. Parks like Legoland and Sesame Place may be geared toward kids, but adults can have fun as well.

Legoland is a bit different though. Lego produces products for all ages including adults. Sesame Street's core and really only demographic is smaller kids. From the Wikipedia article:

For the first time since the show debuted, the producers and a team of researchers analyzed Sesame Street's content and structure during a series of two-week-long workshops. They also studied how children's viewing habits had changed and become more sophisticated in thirty years. They found that although the show was produced for 3-to-5-year-olds, children began watching it at a younger age. As a result, the target age for Sesame Street shifted downward, from 4 years to 3 years.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm.

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Glad it really is a wooden coaster! The rumors seemed pretty strong, but I felt it best to be skeptical just in case. Now I'm thankful I never fit this park into a past trip.

Honesty, I'll probably like this park okay, considering I rode Sesame Street rides at SeaWorld San Diego...
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Dombot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 pm

This is exactly what this park needed. Looks awesome! :nina:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm delighted to see this coaster go in, and I love the Oscar theme! "Scram!" He's always been one of my favorites on Sesame Street, although I'm happy when it's any of the old-school characters & not the dumbed-down modern Elmo, Baby Bear, etc.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:44 pm

SharkTums wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

Oops . . . :oops:
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!