Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Condor » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 am

The uphill barrel roll sounds a lot like one half of the double barrel roll ending on Outlaw Run. Can't wait to see the full layout of this.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:27 am

I really need to make it out to this park. They already had a great top 2 and this looks like another winner.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:53 am

This Looopings Article shows of some of Wilderness Theming and Untamed construction.
While hard to see on the pictures it is confirmed that the first brake has been moved next to the Transfer Stall, meaning both my wishes have come true. Also hard to see in on these is the fact that that the roof of the station on the inside is covered in mirrors for some reason.
Also this article mentions the action raised €9630,- for charity what was raised, by Walibi Holland CEO Mascha van Till, to €10000,-. For a Wheel someone payed €480,-, for a chain link €440,- the old entrance sign went out for €390,- A chain hook €280,- and there where two train carts for action one went out for €650,- the other for €800,-
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm

^ Um, those photos of Merlin's Magic Castle in that article... is that intentional graffiti on it, from the park? Or did somebody(s) get bored during off season, sneak in, and add some "colour" to it?

:smile: BTW, that owl looks a-ma-zing!

Just wondering. I tried to translate a lot of the article,
but couldn't find any mention of this "artwork" on the castle.
MerlinsCastle05.jpg
MerlinsCastle06.jpg
MerlinsCastle07.jpg
MerlinsCastle08.jpg
Thank you to Loopings for all the great shots of their tour of the park.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:26 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Um, those photos of Merlin's Magic Castle in that article... is that intentional graffiti on it, from the park? Or did somebody(s) get bored during off season, sneak in, and add some "colour" to it?

No that's very much intentional by the park. It's was mentioned in the first making of. If I'm honest it's not my style.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

Me neither, I thought the showbuilding always looked quite nice. Have they changed any of the theming inside?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:48 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Me neither, I thought the showbuilding always looked quite nice. Have they changed any of the theming inside?

The inside hasn't been touched, they claim there wasn't a budget for it. I wouldn't be mad if that's forgotten. :lmao:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Oh, in that case it's a shame they didn't save the money on the outside too.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:55 am

I appreciate that this park is trying to freshen things up a bit...but what are they smokin over at Walibi Holland? All of their recent “theming” is atrocious. :lol:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:13 am

RCT3Bross wrote:
KarlaKoaster wrote:Me neither, I thought the showbuilding always looked quite nice. Have they changed any of the theming inside?

I wouldn't be mad if that's forgotten. :lmao:

I see what you did there. :lmao:

DBru wrote:I appreciate that this park is trying to freshen things up a bit...but what are they smokin over at Walibi Holland? All of their recent “theming” is atrocious. :lol:

It's in the Netherlands after all. You know, pot is legal over there... Jokes aside, I don't really like the graffiti on the façade. The owl I can understand, but the random graffity around the windows and walls... just no.

I am really craving some pictures of Untamed; we know so little about this project that I need to how construction is progressing...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!