Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Janster wrote:
Menghini wrote:I hope the park will do some real maintenance now, especially for Goliath's sake.
Yep, so true. La Via Volta already looks like scrap metal and so does Xpress. They really need to repaint Xpress this year. Goliath also showed some rust colleration here and there. Hopefully WW uses the extra money for maintenance. Lately Goliath also made a loud bang, just before ascending the lift hill (did somebody else notice?). They should fix that too.

isn't that just the cable car hooking onto the train?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Janster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 am

Pobably. I didn't hear it on Expetion Geforce though, and in the past the loud bang wasn't there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 am

Wishmaster wrote:^ No it's not. In Belgium it's always been 21% and in some Scandinavian countries it's even higher.

So 19% isn't high because it's slightly lower than the tax rate in the countries that have the highest taxation in the world? 19% tax on a consumer purchase is pretty bad. The sales tax rate where I live is 6.5%. 19% is almost three times that!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby mark.w » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:15 am

I can hear it as well as vibrations when the coaster takes a helix. It's getting rough just like Colossus.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 am

^^ 19% is average in Europe. Luxemburg is has the lowest with only 15%.

Besides, in the Nederlands the tax rate has always been 6% for essential products (food, water,...) and 19% for luxury items. The only thing that changed is that they finaly figured out people don't really need amusement parks to survive.
Rock ''n roll angels bring thyn hard rock, hallelujah! :devil:

http://www.coastercounter.com/Wishmaster

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RCfanatic » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:49 pm

Wishmaster wrote:The only thing that changed is that they finaly figured out people don't really need amusement parks to survive.

WE need amusement parks to survive!!! Lol!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:09 pm

I would go "mad" if I did not have rollercoasters to ride, the rides help with peoples angry and can even help them cope with everyday life.

Here in the UK we pay 17.5% for everything apart from 6% on gas, water, electric and 69.9% tax on fuel.

I have a 3-bedroom house which I pay £900 a year Council Tax on.

Does the UK look good now..? I going to feel sorry for the people who are left behind when I move country.
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

El Condor SLC At Walibi World Gets New Restraints

Postby Hjalmar » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:00 pm

This week vekoma is going too replace and install new row's on the train of the El Condor. the 1st and the 8th row are going to be the first which will be replaced by the new seats.

these new seats will have pneumatic bars and will look like the new junior inverted seats... such as Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Flyer in Moviepark Germany

this week personal is going to test it and on friday the ride will be open for visitors.

is not sure if these seats will stay on the train after the two weeks of testing, nor the fact if the hole train is going to be replaced with the new seats.

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eas06/sitzg.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Extrememly pleased to see that Vekoma cares enough about their SLCs to manufacture OTSRless trains for them. I'm totally impressed, and hopefully, the trains will be a success!
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastermaniac1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Interesting, I sure hope it works out. Is that picture taken of the train on El Condor or is that a differant train on a differant coaster?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!