Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 pm

So, we might do a quick five-hour-trip to Walibi Holland this summer, as we've never been there before and we dare to see and conquer our first RMC hybrid. Is the whole park doable in one day? Even if we want to have rerides on Untamed, Goliath and other rides we will like? We will most surely go on a weekday and won't bother to buy Fast Lane if neccessary.
In addition, do you have to be almost aut of the park at closing (as I remember our german parks) or are they closing the lines on park closing, as we experienced in the US?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Hermanus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 am

Pedrinho wrote:So, we might do a quick five-hour-trip to Walibi Holland this summer, as we've never been there before and we dare to see and conquer our first RMC hybrid. Is the whole park doable in one day? Even if we want to have rerides on Untamed, Goliath and other rides we will like? We will most surely go on a weekday and won't bother to buy Fast Lane if neccessary.
In addition, do you have to be almost aut of the park at closing (as I remember our german parks) or are they closing the lines on park closing, as we experienced in the US?

It very much depends on the crowds that day. When the crowds are low the park can easly be visited in five hours with a fair amount of rerides. Apart from the coasters the park only has a few other slightly interesting rides. The coasters are a mixed bag, Goliath, Lost Graivty and Untamed are great. Condor is the first ever SLC (need I say more?) and Express and Speed of Sound are your random verkoma's (altough Speed of Sound is the best boomerang according to many). When I was last in Walibi the queue's closed at six, but I'm not sure what their policy usually is. The queue's are rarerly over 20-30 minutes tops though.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:45 am

^
Awesome info, thanks! Makes planning a lot easier!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:27 am

Looopings is reporting that Condor will be finally receiving new trains... in 2021.

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/12919/Walibi-Holland-blijft-investeren-in-gruwelachtbaan-Condor.html

A few years ago Walibi Holland replaced the front row of each train with the new alternatives, one with Vekoma seats and one with KumbaK seats. We'll see which one the ride ends up getting, but until then, enjoy your headache.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 am

^ I hope they pick the Vekoma trains. They have made a huge difference on SFNE's SLC. I avoided riding it for almost a decade. Now it's a coaster I actually enjoy.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:46 am

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 am

SharkTums wrote:Image

:nina:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm

My Reaction to the above announcement...

:mike:

(Hiiiiiii! I'm back from our California AMTRASH trip!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!