Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Hhappy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 am

Part 2 of the making of has been posted

I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am

^ I was kind of hoping on more being released other then the outside banked turn. But still maybe next video?
Interesting it's going to be longer then before, I did some research and it turn out only the Cedar Fair RMC added track lenght so that spikes my intrest a bit more.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:28 am

RCT3Bross wrote:Past night Robin Hood made it's last rounds around the track. After closing hours (23:00 October 28th) there was a special event (around 01:00 October 29th) for 24 people to say goodbye to the Wooden coaster. It was here that they revealed the name of the RMC: Untamed. Untamed will open July 1st 2019. Groundwork had been started last week while the ride was still operational but now with the park closed till April 2019 the real work can start. A spokeperson has promised that they will keep fans posted on the lasted developments. There has yet to a full lay-out reveal.
Source.

Personal thoughts: I like the name, despite being a bit bland for an RMC if you ask me. Saturday there was a rumor the ride might be called Timber Trip. So it being revealed as Untamed was a nice surprise. I'm a bit disapointed they didn't reveal more but they only promised the name so I can't be too mad.

I like the name "Untamed," too. It's definitely better than, say, "Twisted Robin Hood." ;)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:49 am

Hhappy wrote:Part 2 of the making of has been posted

After not following this project too closely I stumbled in this thread last night and watched this. When I got to the section about the prelift I began cackling like a maniac. I don't know if that says something about me or about RMC, but there you have it... :lol:

Postby JordyC » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:49 am

Episode 3: Making Of: UNTAMED

The new rollercoaster Untamed in Walibi Holland is getting a pretty steep descent. After a 36.5 meter high lift hill of 40 degrees, passengers will fall towards the ground almost vertical. The first descent gets an angle of 80 degrees. That is 10 degrees steeper than the first descent of the park's famous mega coaster Goliath.

Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am

As a recent Rocky Mountain convert I'm pretty stoked about this one. Nothing massive, just a really freaking good new coaster.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:50 am

That video was a bit more interesting then the previous two. I already predicted the drop would be near 90 degrees down (I was thinking about 80 to 85 degrees) because well RMC is known to do that. Also there are 2 shots on the Turn around filled with Ledgers that hint towards a Zero G roll and it seems to go almost all the way down, what I hope they would do, before entering a hill.
Coming back on the Ledgers, I always thought those would come from the same plant as the track. I didn't know those where made local.
I'm still exited that this ride is so close to home.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm

I like the way that they're leaking the new layout to the coaster one video installment at a time. Helps add to some of the suspense and anticipation.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Can't wait to ride this when we're back in Amsterdam (& Paris), in 2022.

And Lost Gravity, too. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:37 pm

That outward banked turn out of the station has me really intrigued... :br :br :br

Untamed.png

untamed 2.png

:lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!