The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:04 am

It's easy to forget Timbertown used to be themed to Loonry Tunes because of how nice it looks.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby thrillrider » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:34 am

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I wonder where these new attractions are going to go, as the water park here is divided into two levels between a very steep hill and all the space is taken up for the most part. I could see the flat ride in front of the Comet being moved in order to accommodate this. I hope this doesn't spell the ending of the Bobsled...

From what I was told, the bobsled was only open for a few days last summer. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby logrog04 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:35 am

thrillrider wrote:
xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I wonder where these new attractions are going to go, as the water park here is divided into two levels between a very steep hill and all the space is taken up for the most part. I could see the flat ride in front of the Comet being moved in order to accommodate this. I hope this doesn't spell the ending of the Bobsled...

From what I was told, the bobsled was only open for a few days last summer. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed.

At the Ace Great nor’easter event they said they fixed those issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:43 am

Glad to hear the Alpine Bobsled should actually run this year. It'll be nice to actually have a steel coaster worth riding this year.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby logrog04 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am

At the ACE event they said Lumberjack Grill will become a "cafeteria style" restaurant called Tidal Wave Cafe, How do you think they will pull this off?
The Comet is the best!

Postby logrog04 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Six Flags has appointed a new park president for Six Flags Great Escape properties after Eric Gilbert left the company.

https://poststar.com/news/local/great-escape-gets-new-president/article_8038eaaf-d948-5700-ad27-9fe39dae7fdf.amp.html
The Comet is the best!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Out of curiosity, has there been any life by the Boblseds? I heard the park did some work on the trains this offseason, but Queue Times hasn't shown it running yet.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 pm

The park actually put a lot of money into replacing the brake system and major train refurbishments. They stated that they were excited to have it operating more this season so hopefully it is completed soon.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 18, 2019 10:51 pm

^ Ah ok hopefully it starts running soon. I can't remember the last time I was able to ride it.

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Hit up the Great Escape today with my daughter for Memorial Day Weekend. Easily the most crowded I've seen the park in recent memory, but of course it was a holiday weekend. Nothing was too bad wait time wise, maybe a few cycles on flats and longer than usual on the coasters. Comet had the longest line of rides I rode today with a full station wait, as well as the one time skip the line riders who took up one car about every other train.

Bobsleds was not running all day, not sure if that was the case the rest of the weekend. Was able to ride Flashback which surprisingly wasn't too rough, Canyon Blaster on the other hand was mostly trash. They have really let this ride go, that is when they actually run it. One train ops which isn't surprising being Six Flags. One thing I noticed is the weird shin bars on it, made for a very uncomfortable ride and awkward at that.

Flats all were running well other than Supernova which was closed, which is too bad since it's one of my favorites there. Pandamonium is a joke as the cycle is super short even for Six Flags. On the other hand Greezed Lightning ran a great cycle including a long stall at the top.

Food service was mediocre with lots of long lines and slow service. Food was crap as usual and very over priced. At least at Disney you get a decent portion size for the money. The "new" Hurricane Harbor looks ok, nothing over the top but they added some new decor and paint jobs too the older slides including a makeover of the splash house into a tiki theme from the old Paul Bunyan theme. The old Wiggles World/Kidzopolis section is officially now Monsoon Lagoon and part of the water park. It features the old plane ride, two splash pads (one wasn't finished) and the new bucket blasters. The old tea cup ride is now in Timbertown but not up yet, the car ride appears to be gone.

All in all not a bad day, and my first visit as a member so I will be back at some point hopefully when crowds are more like I'm used too.
IMG_20190526_172521.jpg

IMG_20190526_172512.jpg
New Bucket Blasters

IMG_20190526_172550.jpg
New "Map" of Hurricane Harbor
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!