Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

P. 319 - Another stupid plan to "Save Geauga Lake..."
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 am

So what happens to the GoFundMe money when it falls short of the goal? I assume any money raised goes to whomever made the page?

Just curious since this isn't going to succeed.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 am

Also it feels like houstons trying to bring astroworld back which i kind of wouldnt like because it wouldnt be good as it was way back before just like what geauga lake used to be!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:If I lived up in the Cleveland area I would have a very simple solution to my Geauga Lake void and that would be "drive 1 hour west."

:nina: :nina:
images.jpg
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 am

I'm not sure I want to know who or what "RotorMan" is, but it's nice to see people are already making fun of this on the guy's GoFundMe page! :lol: :lmao: :lol:
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 1.02.01 PM.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby expat1983 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:19 am

RaceBoarder wrote:So what happens to the GoFundMe money when it falls short of the goal? I assume any money raised goes to whomever made the page?

Just curious since this isn't going to succeed.

All money is *supposed* to be returned to the donors.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 am

"Rotorman" or Fred (that's his real name) is a gentleman who has what would probably be diagnosed today as autism, or being on the autistic spectrum. He got his name cause he would literally ride the Rotor all day, he never spoke to anyone or would make eye contact which made people uncomfortable. He was however and very nice gentleman and once he trusted you enough he would talk to you. He would chat up the ride ops and was very friendly. He was just different at a time when things like Autism weren't in the spotlight or even well known or diagnosed (80's and 90's).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am

^ That's a really great story. Love hearing stuff like that. :)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:42 am

I never made it to this park, my question is why did so many seem to care so much about the park and its closure when they had Cedar Point so close by?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 am

expat1983 wrote:All money is *supposed* to be returned to the donors.

No, no, NO it's not! Please, do NOT make posts on our forum if you are clueless to what you are talking about or if you aren't going to bother to take 30 seconds to look up the information before you come here and post "fake news" making yourself look just as stupid as the people who are contributing to that campaign.

stupid people are the ones that dont bother to do any research before posting incorrect garbage.jpg

The way GoFundMe works is that you keep EVERYTHING. There is no stipulation at all to give money back if you don't make your goal.

Like, it's right there are the GoFunMe FAQ page:
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 1.53.43 PM.png

Seriously this took me LESS THAN THIRTY SECONDS to find the answer.

Again, how stupid do you have to be to make a post like yours which is totally incorrect without even bothering to fact check what you just posted?
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:08 pm

robbalvey wrote:
expat1983 wrote:All money is *supposed* to be returned to the donors.

No, no, NO it's not! Please, do NOT make posts on our forum if you are clueless to what you are talking about or if you aren't going to bother to take 30 seconds to look up the information before you come here and post "fake news" making yourself look just as stupid as the people who are contributing to that campaign.

stupid people are the ones that dont bother to do any research before posting incorrect garbage.jpg

The way GoFundMe works is that you keep EVERYTHING. There is no stipulation at all to give money back if you don't make your goal.

Like, it's right there are the GoFunMe FAQ page:
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 1.53.43 PM.png

Seriously this took me LESS THAN THIRTY SECONDS to find the answer.

Again, how stupid do you have to be to make a post like yours which is totally incorrect without even bothering to fact check what you just posted?

This is a really important post! It's unbelievably stupid that people just assume they get their money back when putting forth 0 research/effort in understand what they're getting into.

I've seen so many people get burned on commissions/toys/"limited releases" that have just flat out failed and the money invested in an idea is lost.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!