What area really needs a theme park?

What are some places that inexplicably don't have any parks?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: What area really needs a theme park?

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 pm

xXxVekoma420xXx wrote:El Paso metro population -830,735.
Time to nearest park -
Joyland- 5 1/2hours
Cliffs- 4 hours
SeaWorld TX- 7 3/4 hours
SFoT- 9 hours

Cuidad Juarez is holding you guys back. :devil:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Columbia wrote:No doubt - Pacific Northwest. Closest parks are Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, CA) and Silverwood (ID).

Pyallup and it's single wooden coaster doesn't count. (It's only open for the State Fair, anyways.

I don't think the area "really needs it," and I was surprised to see the Pacific Northwest as an area mentioned within the first 5 replies to this topic n years ago, but I would love to see a full-blown theme park in our area with, you know, new coasters sometimes. That hasn't even been a concept here since 2003 when TImberhawk was built, including anything worth mentioning up in BC or in Oregon, Idaho, etc. Silverwood hasn't had anything new coaster-wise (except a family powered spinning coaster) since Tremors in 1999. Everything else in the area is old or second-hand- Aftershock is really amazing, but was down an entire day last summer while I was there and I felt bad for people only there 1 day. Puyallup got Rainier Rush which is shit--and like he said it only operates twice a year--Wild Waves/Enchanted Village is getting an Enterprise and a tower ride of some sort, but it's a coaster drought out here. Granted we have some great coasters within 3-6 hours ( :lmao: )- I just got up there to ride Coaster in Vancouver last weekend and it was @$&%ing fantastic, and Silverwood's lineup is awesome, but something new eventually would be nice. Trouble is, unless SIlverwood springs for something new, I don't see anything cutting-edge being available to us Northwesterners without a plane ticket anytime soon. :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 am

xXxVekoma420xXx wrote:El Paso metro population -830,735.
Time to nearest park -
Joyland- 5 1/2hours
Cliffs- 4 hours
SeaWorld TX- 7 3/4 hours
SFoT- 9 hours

Oh, and Western Playland, 15 minutes.

Postby VF15 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:26 pm

I think the Raleigh-Durham area could use a park. I’m planning on moving to the area this upcoming spring and it’s a three-hour drive to Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. That isn’t a terribly long drive, but since Raleigh-Durham is a decent-sized metro with solid population growth, I think the area could support its own park.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator - Gemini (tentative)

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:51 pm

I think a sesame Place or legoland would do great in Grand Rapids. Large metro. MIA is an hour away. Cedar Point and SFGAM both being around 5 hours away. A little IP park would do wonders. Would also be nice to see once of the 3 large malls get a sealife Aquarium.

Amazes me that Arizona doesn't have a major amusement park (Sorry Castles and Coasters)
Neveda is another state that could use a huge sprawling park. Though the perfect weather in the Adventuredome is nice
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Masquerade » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Maybe not "needs it," but it'd be cool to see one in Miami.

Nashville and Memphis are two cities I'm surprised there's currently nothing.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ericthewanderer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 am

Masquerade wrote:Maybe not "needs it," but it'd be cool to see one in Miami.

What if the Miami Zoo started adding rides-you know,like SeaWorld and BGT?
And Nashville/Memphis HAD Libertyland and Opryland IIRC.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 am

Masquerade wrote:Maybe not "needs it," but it'd be cool to see one in Miami.

Libertyland became a victim of King Willy and his corrupt ways. In Nashvegas, The Gaylords have lamented the decision to shutter Opryland numerous times in favor of a oulet mall that did live up to the hype. The flooded would have hurt it as well.

Opryland Hotel is opening has opened it's indoor waterpark.

Memphis has this golden spot in major need of a redo and it's called Mud Island. It could be the Tivoli Gardens of the USA with some effort. It has a world class setting, a wonderful but small amp that needs an expansion, a Mississippi River Museum that needs a major overhaul to modern standards and a picturesque working scale model of the Mississippi.

What it needs:

A world class aquarium to go along with the stellar Memphis Zoo as part of a Museum revamp. A Soaring type ride featuring a full length trip down the Mississippi would be the Cherry on Top.

The northern end of the Island would be where the rides would be. It is compact and the rides designed accordingly. The crown jewels would be a 300plus foot Star Flyer, a bid wheel and a signature compact steel coaster and a classic woodie. I would make as many of the rides year round as possible so I would have a large structure that resemble classic carousel houses that woul hold a double deck carousel as it's centerpiece and 4 or five kiddie rides/coaster. Ot would have a cafe area, birthday/party rooms and a prize arcade. I would propose double decking the flat rides. Like a bumper car ride with a n air race above for example. These structures would be open air but the lower level enclosable to be heated. The structure themselves along with the Caroisel house would feature ornamental iron work like the kind found on 19th century paddlewheelers. Green and gold would be the colors like Tivoli. Black and Gold would be swell too. I would add a seasonal water fortress play area and a lazy River around it for the Summertime.

There would be drew admission with ticket packages for rides and other attractions like the monorail ride, aquarium and Museum but the park like areas like the riverwalk would be free.

I would develop a Christmas time lighting show complete with a European style Christmas Market on the South End of the Island. To help it become nearly year round.

I would add an architecturally significant open air cover to the amp that did not onstruct the city skyline view.

I would add a land bridge to to cross the harbor to Beale Street Landing and Beale Street.

Memphis now has both bridges outfitted with impressive led lighting packages. There's the pyramid, the skyline, Beale, and the big ol river all right there. It's an ideal setting. It is between two major interstates, I-40 for east/west and I-55 for north/south and I-69 in the works. Tens of millions drive within eyesight of it every year.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:11 pm

That's a pretty good idea for Memphis. I've long wondered why they haven't done more with Mud Island.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:11 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:Libertyland became a victim of King Willy and his corrupt ways.

Who is King Willy?
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!