TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure?

I am heading there this summer, along with some other parks in that area, and was wondering how good is the park really? If its like a normal SF im not expecting much but I would like any helpful information if possible. Also, in info on PKI would be nice also!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFGA has a decent collection of rides (Nitro's one of my personal favorite rides) but the cleanliness is about what you'd expect from SF and the food is subpar except for that Chinese place at the back of the park. I found the layout to be really akward- they've built so far out into the parking lot that the main entrance is in the center of the parK!

Well I mysem going to SFGADV for the first time this summer. All I know is that you should get a Q-Bot.

As for PKI, I went for the first and and onlytime on my 18th birthday back in October. I absolutly love this park, set aside the stupid layout, the park is beautiful. All the coasters I felt were really fun, just make sure you ride seat 6-2 on Son of Beast or you'll regret it. It was the last park I went to last year and will be the first i visit this year. All I can say is that you wil have a fun time there, I just wish they had better capacity.

If you are going to GAdv the best time to vist is mid early season sometime in April or May(Excluding Memorial Day). Saturday is the lighest day in terms of crowds. Hit Kinda Ka first since it naturally will have the longest line and Nitro next because of geographical convience. Then take the skyway(if it's open;half of last season it wasn't ) and ride Medusa and work your way to the middle.

Well GAdv dosen't deserve the title of world's largest amusement park, half of the rides are kiddies. However the collection of B&Ms are a great rare find. Nitro is a great hypercoaster however it lacks laternals which you would want due to it's layout. Medusa I must warn you gets rougher and rougher each day though it's still a great floorless. Superman is fun the first time,maybe up to the fifth but after that it's nothing special even as a B&M Flyer. Food in the park is very limited. Wok and Roll, I haven't checked in awhile(I hate Chinese food) has been closed for 2 seasons now. As for Kingda Ka, naturally, it's still up in the air how the ride will be like.

Parks in the area include Morey's Piers, Dorney, Hershey, Rye Playland and if possible Lake Compounce, Clementon

If you are planning on going to those parks the iternary should be like this

Day 1 Morey's

Day 1 or 2(Depending on lines at Morey's highly unpredictable park), GAdv, Clementon

Day 2 or 3 Hershey

Day 3 or 4 Dorney

Day 4 or 5 Rye Playland

Day 5 or 6 Lake Compounce

This iternary is geographically speaking the easiest way to hit the parks.

If you are going to GAdv the best time to vist is mid early season sometime in April or May(Excluding Memorial Day). Saturday is the lighest day in terms of crowds. Hit Kinda Ka first since it naturally will have the longest line and Nitro next because of geographical convience. Then take the skyway(if it's open;half of last season it wasn't ) and ride Medusa and work your way to the middle.

Well GAdv dosen't deserve the title of world's largest amusement park, half of the rides are kiddies. However the collection of B&Ms are a great rare find. Nitro is a great hypercoaster however it lacks laternals which you would want due to it's layout. Medusa I must warn you gets rougher and rougher each day though it's still a great floorless. Superman is fun the first time,maybe up to the fifth but after that it's nothing special even as a B&M Flyer. Food in the park is very limited. Wok and Roll, I haven't checked in awhile(I hate Chinese food) has been closed for 2 seasons now. As for Kingda Ka, naturally, it's still up in the air how the ride will be like.

Dude, what park are you going to? :shocked:

Satrurday is the busiest day of the week. Go on a Tuesday. Avoid April and May because the park may not be fully staffed, which means longer lines (especially when there are school groups in the park).

Kingda Ka and Nitro are on oposite ends of the park, so there is no "geographical convenience" there.

The Skyway is only open on days with little or no wind, so it sometime s isn't open. Ditto for the Parachutes.

Nitro is awesome...best of the B&M hyper coasters and one of the best hypers in the world.

There's nothing rough about Medusa.

If SUF is "nothing special" why would you ride it 5 times?

The park food is hardly limited, and this season they are adding more dining options and pledging to have all restaurants open. The best food in the park is at Best of the West in the Western Section.

Wok & Roll is open every day (and was all of the last two seasons), because it is run by a contractor who is required to have it open every day the park is open.

I don't think there's much doubt KK will be as good as or better than TTD, since KK is just a larger version of TTD with an extra feature.

I disagree with GACoaster about Medusa. IMO it is the worst coaster out there. Very vibratey and rough. Nitro is getting there too. Hopefully something will be done to the both of them.

Also, can anyone who goes to SFMM confirm if Scream is the same way? I'd like to know.

Dude, what park are you going to? :shocked:

Satrurday is the busiest day of the week. Go on a Tuesday. Avoid April and May because the park may not be fully staffed, which means longer lines (especially when there are school groups in the park).

Kingda Ka and Nitro are on oposite ends of the park, so there is no "geographical convenience" there.

The Skyway is only open on days with little or no wind, so it sometime s isn't open. Ditto for the Parachutes.

Nitro is awesome...best of the B&M hyper coasters and one of the best hypers in the world.

There's nothing rough about Medusa.

If SUF is "nothing special" why would you ride it 5 times?

The park food is hardly limited, and this season they are adding more dining options and pledging to have all restaurants open. The best food in the park is at Best of the West in the Western Section.

Wok & Roll is open every day (and was all of the last two seasons), because it is run by a contractor who is required to have it open every day the park is open.

I don't think there's much doubt KK will be as good as or better than TTD, since KK is just a larger version of TTD with an extra feature.

Thank you GA! In my opinion, SFGAv use to suck, mainmly from 2001-2003! The park has cleaned itself up since, and it's nice park for the whole family!

I disagree with GACoaster about Medusa. IMO it is the worst coaster out there. Very vibratey and rough. Nitro is getting there too. Hopefully something will be done to the both of them.

Also, can anyone who goes to SFMM confirm if Scream is the same way? I'd like to know.

SFMW is my home park, so I've ridden Medusa West many, many times. It's always been remarkably smooth, so when I rode Scream shortly after it opened, I was surprised at how rough it was. The elements seemed more tightly placed, so maybe that has something to do with it? I'll be going to SFGAd in June, so then I'll be able to compare all three...