Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby jlp94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

When I visited the park in June, once they saw how crowded it was, they increased their hours to close at 17:00 but it is still pretty bad. Wicker Man was even closed for 6 of those hours, and that entire time, the lift chain was on, all the effects were still working, it seemed like the ops just left the ride running, and some of the ops don't seem to care about their rides. Hopefully they get some better management.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Storm Chaser 4. X2 5. Twisted Colossus 6. Nemesis 7. Millennium Force 8. Maverick 9. Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast 10. Raptor
Top 10 Wood: 1. Lightning Rod 2. Voyage 3. Goliath 4. Boss 5. Cornball Express 6. Screamin' Eagle 7. Legend 8. Thunderhead 9. American Thunder 10. American Eagle

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 pm

I loved everything about Alton Towers except the hours. Even on a day with no crowds, it was hard to ride all the major rides simply because of how large and spread out that park is.

The other annoying part is that basically everything at the resort closes with the park- mini golf, hotel water park, etc.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Legoland Dubai & Motiongate

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:The other annoying part is that basically everything at the resort closes with the park- mini golf, hotel water park, etc.

This is what killed me the most!!!

You pay a premium to stay at the resort, the park closes at like 4 or 5pm...and so does EVERYTHING ELSE!!! Keep some stuff open for the resort guests.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:26 pm

^ Yes the Alveys paid a bunch for us to have a "WaterPark Party" (at the hotel park) after our park visit, during our 2010 UK trip. And I know they would have paid a bunch less, if the waterpark was open later, after the themepark closed???

p.s. :kiss: Elissa & Robb for that. I couldn't do the waterpark stuff, but the parkside party w/cocktails rawked!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 am

If the park closed at like 10 or 11, I'd understand things being closed by the time you leave the park but 4 or 5 is just asinine.

I still think it's worth staying on-site for the morning ERT and the hotels are nice, but the resort as a whole has the potential to be so much better if they didn't cut back on hours.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Legoland Dubai & Motiongate

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby jlp94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:26 am

^ And if they had better operations. Rita's ride ops were nasty during my visit, and Galactica was running one train on one side, switching back and forth with VR. I already explained my experience with Wicker Man in a post higher up on the page.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Storm Chaser 4. X2 5. Twisted Colossus 6. Nemesis 7. Millennium Force 8. Maverick 9. Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast 10. Raptor
Top 10 Wood: 1. Lightning Rod 2. Voyage 3. Goliath 4. Boss 5. Cornball Express 6. Screamin' Eagle 7. Legend 8. Thunderhead 9. American Thunder 10. American Eagle

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 am

If you want to recreate the disappointment of the Fyre Festival, you can now do so by booking an optimistically named 'Star Gazing Pod', Alton Towers' latest accommodation offering. For around £100 a night (plus £10 for towels), you can now truly say you're happier than a pig in mud thanks to their similarity with farmyard pig shelters.

In other news, Merlin have announced Nemesis Sub-Terra and Twirling Toadstool (Waveswinger) are both now permanently closed. Nemesis Sub-Terra was pretty poor in the first season, but I quite enjoyed it once they made some improvements.

The Alton Towers Dungeon is new, however, replaces Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, and will cost £7.50 on top of the £56 entrance fee (which has gone up from last year, naturally).
52274812_2436198826450547_8029109556468514816_n.jpg
Image: TowersStreet
AnimalArk-pig.jpg
Image: Not TowersStreet
Last edited by KarlaKoaster on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 pm.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:If you want to recreate the disappointment of the Frye Festival, you can now do so by booking an optimistically named 'Star Gazing Pod', Alton Towers' latest accommodation offering. For around £100 a night (plus £10 for towels), you can now truly say you're happier than a pig in mud thanks to their similarity with farmyard pig shelters.

This is the best description of this new "Offering" HAHAHAHAHA :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:If you want to recreate the disappointment of the Fyre Festival, you can now do so by booking an optimistically named 'Star Gazing Pod', Alton Towers' latest accommodation offering. For around £100 a night (plus £10 for towels), you can now truly say you're happier than a pig in mud thanks to their similarity with farmyard pig shelters.

In other news, Merlin have announced Nemesis Sub-Terra and Twirling Toadstool (Waveswinger) are both now permanently closed. Nemesis Sub-Terra was pretty poor in the first season, but I quite enjoyed it once they made some improvements.

The Alton Towers Dungeon is new, however, replaces Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, and will cost £7.50 on top of the £56 entrance fee (which has gone up from last year, naturally).

This is fantastic. :lmao:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:00 am

This new 'resort', reminds me...didn't Thorpe do something equally creepy with like 'love vans' or something equally Merlin!!!!???

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!