Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Hm. Actually looks a lot more fun than I originally thought!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Baffles » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:03 pm

We loved it! Haha

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm

I actually didn't notice the flat turn halfway throught the coaster untill that video, looks funny.
I'm still waiting for that front faced onride, maybe this weekend?
The ride looks like it will be fun, really hope to make it to AT this summer and try it out.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Robert.W » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 am

RCT3Bross wrote:I actually didn't notice the flat turn halfway throught the coaster untill that video, looks funny.
I'm still waiting for that front faced onride, maybe this weekend?
The ride looks like it will be fun, really hope to make it to AT this summer and try it out.

There have been some front facing on ride POVs floating around the internet. I believe one was uploaded by The Sun newspaper. I haven't watched them as I don't want to spoil it for when I ride it for real, so I don't have a link I can provide you with unfortunately.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby liambreth11 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:49 pm

As a clubtpr member are we entitled to any merlin pass discount?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Robert.W » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm

liambreth11 wrote:As a clubtpr member are we entitled to any merlin pass discount?

Unless you have an actual Merlin Annual Pass, you aren't entitled to any of the benefits an annual pass offers. :-)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby BudtheWeiser » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Had two rides on this last week the second was at the end of the day just after a large shower and I can confirm it hauls A$$ when the track is wet seriously good fun and looks spectacular as well the wickerman looks great close up

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Sphantom91 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi everyone!

My friend and I are planning on visiting the park in early July after a day at Blackpool and flying to Gothenburg the day after Alton.

Any tips for hotel stays in the Alton area/best use of public transport to get to the park?

We're broke college students so the cheapest options are also welcome. :lmao:

Thanks in advance!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am

First buses (https://www.firstgroup.com/potteries/plan-journey/alton-towers) run A (singular) bus from Stoke-on-trent rail station in the morning (0930) and one back in the evening (1720). Having had the misfortune of using this before, they don't wait for you. If you're in a queue, or on a ride, tough luck, you're getting an (expensive) taxi back to Stoke. Considering they're UK's premier park, the public transport options are laughable really.

Your best bet for accomodation might be a travelodge or other chain (premier inn, holiday inn) in Stoke centre, because I don't think the on-site hotels are a) in your price range, b)worth the money. There are B&B's in Alton, but you'd need somewhere to stay the night before because the only buses are in the morning. Booking.com is a good place to check.

Judging on how the season is going so far (take a look at the last 20-odd pages of this thread for some insight), be prepared to either not get on anywhere near everything you want, or fork out for a fasttrack, have to wait an hour in the fasttrack queue, and still not get on everything you want.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Don't even think about using Public Transport to get all the way to the park. It's an utter joke. When I say an utter joke, I mean it takes 1.5 hours to go 15 KM, and will get you to the park at least an hour after opening time, leaving an hour before closing time. And you'll miss early admission benefits, which are crucial. An utter joke.

Do get a cheap hotel in a close by city, served by a rail station, booked as soon as you can. Splurge on a Taxi.

I was able to share a taxi ride with another family on the way back last year from the park to Stoke-on-Trent, where I took trains to Manchester in the evening, then Blackpool in the morning, but I had to be flexible on travel and ask around at the Taxi stand whom was going to a city served by rail. I would think it's better to have your Rail/Bus travel booked early for the savings, then just do a taxi to and from the park as the most convenient (if unfortunate) expense.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!