Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I am annoying as f**k!!!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby Henry M » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:39 am

Does anyone know how the tickets for the mazes work. I know you get a time slot, but if there are long queues for each one (on fright nights TP, there were 2 hour queues) you may not be able to do all, or even two of the mazes in the 90 minute slot, which means £20 for one maze is a rip off. So are you guaranteed entry into each maze?
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:45 am

Henry M wrote:Does anyone know how the tickets for the mazes work. I know you get a time slot, but if there are long queues for each one (on fright nights TP, there were 2 hour queues) you may not be able to do all, or even two of the mazes in the 90 minute slot, which means £20 for one maze is a rip off. So are you guaranteed entry into each maze?

With time slots generally at the UK Merlin parks they seem to do an 'allocated time or later' sort of system. I don't visit Alton Towers at frightfest but everyone I know said the first weekend was empty and it will probably stay like this until the schools break up.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby lewis97 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Provided you enter all the mazes consecutively you'll be fine, even if it takes you somewhat longer than 90 minutes. The queues at Scarefest generally don't reach the same length as those at Fright Nights because the mazes are an additional charge and there are allocated slots.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:30 am

As Lewis said the timed slots are generally achievable, once we had to argue a little with the staff member on the entrance to our second maze, as we were over the 'allocated' time window, which was due to the first maze going down due to technical problems which resulted in a longer queue. A lot of the time in the past, the mazes have had relatively short queues for all but the busiest nights.

Again like Lewis said you do have to do all the mazes one after another with no breaks, which for me is a real downside of them. Compared to Thorpe for example, where the mazes are included with entry and you are free to queue for whichever maze you want as much as you want (queues permitting), but this obviously has the downside of having bigger queues for the mazes. When you are paying an extra £20 on top of entry it would be nice to be able to choose when you did all the mazes, previously you could choose different timed tickets for each maze and unlimited use maze tickets, but I think this led to problems with the queues at certain times which led to complaints.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:09 am

My friends do not want to have fastrack, so I think I will get three rollercoasters in the dark. Which three are the best to do in the dark?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:56 am

My suggestion would be...

Nemesis - An absolute must, it's amazing at night, it generally runs incredibly fast at night, plus I think they've actually invested in some decent lighting this year to add to the atmosphere.

The Smiler - Another good coaster in the dark, and best to do last thing as it generally has the biggest queue.

Thirteen - This is a good coaster to do in the dark, as normally, once you've gone down the first drop it's pitch black until you enter the crypt.

Depending on your preference, Oblivion is also a good choice, and depending on how busy it is you could in theory get them all done while it's dark, if you do the mazes earlier in the day. Queues in the evening are generally quite good, apart from The Smiler, I'd say you'll have minimal waits for both Nemesis, Oblivion & Thirteen (If they're running three trains on it), and Smiler will have a queue, but like I said if you leave that till last, you won't waste any time when you could be riding the others.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 am

Would anyone want a trip report of how they scare you in the UK? If so a full one (like I did last time) a medium one (Like the Adventure Island one) or just a few pics on this thread with a review?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sam345 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:59 am

Yes I have seen a few youtube videos of 2016 Scarefest and Nemesis looks absolutely amazing with all the red lighting when it gets dark.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:19 am

So about that SW8. Is it planned for 2017? Will it be announced soon? Haven't heard much about it and it crossed my mind.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am

^Its planned for 2018, construction was meant to originally start in September of this year but nothing has happened on site as of yet. A proper teaser campaign will probably start some time early next season and an announcement going on mid to late next year i'd expect.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!