Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Cllins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:07 am

SharkTums wrote:^Robb, you're forgetting the main reason to go back...SUPER SLC!!!!

Elissa "lol, skegness was a dump!" Alvey

Yes correct, it is a dump. But for some unknown reason people go there for a holiday !. Good luck on trying to get the Super SLC as I tried & failed last year to get it. I know someone that had to go there 5 times to get it !.

Nick “Skegness - Is SO bracing" Colilns

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:22 pm

Good old english public at there best :twisted:

Highest parts of the track have already had complaints from locals, so they have had to paint the track to blend it in more

http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/rita/constructionsite/gallery/march/05/01.html

What a load of crap :!:

Beer Fueled Coaster Riding Machine

Postby Rugged One » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:19 pm

Yeesh, are you kidding me? :shock: They've allready painted the top ofit? Wow, they aren't kidding when you hear about the locals complaining about the park. I think the coaster looks good and can't wait to ride it during our first UK trip next year.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:17 pm

nemesis-storm wrote:Good old english public at there best :twisted:

Highest parts of the track have already had complaints from locals, so they have had to paint the track to blend it in more

http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/rita/constructionsite/gallery/march/05/01.html

It's a real shame that it's come to this again. I can understand Corkscrew's lift hill needing green paint, as that's as close to the treeline as you can get. But RITA is 10 feet lower!

Plus when autumn comes the leaves will be red. Will the locals complain about the high visibility green track then?

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Testing Testing

Postby Morcar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:59 am

Just heard that Rita has had it's first test run today and all went well.

Wasn't that bothered about it when I first saw the plan but itlooks like it may be worth a visit later in the year.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Well Rita is now semi open ... Look here for pictures & video
http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/rita/constructionsite/ritaconstruction.html

Why am I not eager to get this coaster? :?

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:03 pm

Rita looked nice! I never visited Alton Towers, but ich think it is a trip worth.

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Sexing up the North Pole

Postby Token Yankee Guy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:06 pm

nemesis-storm wrote:Good old english public at there best :twisted:

Can you imagine if the neighbors of SFGAdv started complaining about Kingda Ka?

"This Just in..Kingda Ka got a new paint job, it's the color of the sky because the neighbors were complaining that it looks like a big green dick. On a completely different topic, an airplane crashed into Kingda Ka. Pilot said that he didn't see it coming because it blended with the sky"
"Britain, Britain, Britain, We're open from 9 to 6, monday through saturdays"

Site Admin

NEWS: Rita set to open at Alton Towers

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:57 am

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_b ... ory=624263

Hold on to your lunch: 'Rita' is fastest roller yet
By Elisa Bray
28 March 2005

A new rollercoaster that will propel its riders from 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds is about to open at Alton Towers in Staffordshire.

Rita - Queen of Speed, which has a Grand Prix theme, subjects riders to a G-force of 4.7 and is intended to surpass the burst of acceleration in Formula One cars.

The ride, which cost £8m, lasts just 49 seconds. It will open on Friday, three weeks into the Park's spring season started, joining established rides with ominous names such as Oblivion, Nemesis, and Corkscrew.

Although Rita has the quickest start in Europe, it is outpaced by another rollercoaster designed by the same firm, Intamin of Switzerland.

The Top Thrill Dragster - a roller coaster built in 2003 at Cedar Point, Ohio - launches riders at 120 mph in four seconds.

But the world's fastest rollercoaster will open this spring at the Six Flags Great Adventure park in New Jersey. Rocketing riders from 0 to 128 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds, Kingda Ka then catapults them 450 feet skywards, smashing all records for speed and height.

"Fastest Roller Coaster Yet" LMAO!!!!

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:13 am

This is killer stuff. They declare "Fastest Coaster Yet" then go on to contradict themselves only 4 paragraphs in.

I need to read some of their other articles like:

Cornball Express: The longest coaster yet created
This summer take a ride on the super-smooth SLC, "T2"
Record-setting G's make Silver Bullet an instant hit
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!