Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby Totopez » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:17 pm

According to Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter, and Magnus (the CEO), the Bumper cars will relocate to Furuvik, and Snake will occupy its spot during 2019, while the new Coaster is built. After that, it will relocate to another park within Parks and Resorts.

The area where the bumper cars and Biergarten are will have a complete overhaul, most buildings will be demolished and replaced, and the park will build a boardwalk along the water from Snake all the way to Bläckfisken.
7F6D35A4-9641-4F09-BEFC-5CB52E76D200.jpeg

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:09 am

^So Snake will only be at the park temporarily or am I misreading it?

The 2021 B&M reminds me of Black Mamba in a lot of ways. Wonder if it'll feel just as tight.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Totopez » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:40 am

cookiex wrote:^So Snake will only be at the park temporarily or am I misreading it?

The 2021 B&M reminds me of Black Mamba in a lot of ways. Wonder if it'll feel just as tight.

That is correct. Snake will be there in 2019, but then relocate.

Funny thing: The headline in the paper reads "Gröna Lunds new attraction: a rotating "vomit machine""...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:44 am

Here is the promo video for Snake that Gröna Lund has just posted on their YouTube channel.

Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby alejon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 am

A capacity nightmare, but looks really fun, I'll be sure to check it out next year!

Moving the bumper cars to Furuvik also makes sense, a great addition for the target group. As to where Snake will be moved i 2020, my bet is Skara, but time will tell.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:44 am

Hey, I won! Do I get a cookie this time?

Interesting that it's temporary, does this mean that it's going to be a trailer-mounted ride?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:36 am

So Gröna Lunds crazy skyline will once again become even more crazy! :p

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby alejon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am

The weather has been really nice in Stockholm this weekend, so I took a small trip by Gröna Lund to see how far they've come on the construction. Pretty far actually!
IMG_20190217_122842.jpg
IMG_20190217_122713.jpg
IMG_20190217_122708.jpg
The crane fits right into towerland!
IMG_20190217_121501.jpg
This is where the bumper cars were last season
IMG_20190217_121408.jpg
Behind the fence there's a big hole, the station for the new coaster will be underground.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for the pictures, I was wondering yesterday how construction was coming along as this is likely to be a very difficult build. It will definitely be interesting following this one. This will be a perfect case study to use for whenever someone says a park 'doesn't have room for a new coaster' for generations to come.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Thanks for the pictures, I was wondering yesterday how construction was coming along as this is likely to be a very difficult build.

I'm still betting that we'll be seeing B&M do a two-across train for this coaster. I remember that earlier concept rendering and those clearances look tight.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!