Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ratdogg68 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 pm

I agree with Robb, go where the Public is! RhinoBlaster is a much needed attraction/slide complex, to help with the massive crowds Splashin' Safari can get in a day. A BIG part of the reason I go to Holiday World, is Splashin' Safari for the Wet N' Wild side of things. I love the Holiday World side don't get me wrong, but I also love the thrills Water Rides can give me. My Heart belongs to Coasters, but I still LOVE a great Water Attraction that Soaks me! It's good their adding something for the smaller ones also.

It's all good anyways because it will help with the Massive Crowds, my Little Get-a-way in the country receives.
Let the Riding begin

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:17 pm

This announcement just means one thing. I really need to go check out this water park and while I am at it I guess check out the theme park too. Yep, Holiday World is still one of those parks I really want to go to but have not made it yet. I really like it, when a park spends money to add fans and shade as well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm

It is a good water park. The heat can be so terrible though. When we went with TPR a few years back, and we decided to go on the enclosed slide. It was like being in a sauna, and the water was really hot! We were hotter after we got off the ride than we were before it! I think the new structure is a really smart move for them. Like Shane said, you've got to build what the people want. After working at a water park for over 7 years, I've seen that many times. When we got our Half Pipe, everyone was all excited but it ended up having one of the shortest lines in the park. People just wanted the family friendly tube slides. Of course we were under Six Flags at the time so what did they do, they gave us a tornado! :lol:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

It's been 6 years since I've been to HW so things may have changed (and sorry if this was already answered, I didn't see it), but isn't Splashin' Safari free admission once you are in Holiday World? What is the concern about Pilgrim's Plunge if it moves into Splashin Safari, won't you still be able to access it?

I'm not a fan of water parks (though I know many are so I see no issue when parks add to them) so I didn't visit Safari when I was there and don't know what rules they have for it.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm excited about the new stuff. I've been going to Holiday World since Raven was built (I got my Firecracker "credit" you credit fiends!) but missed a couple years in there - including this year. Holiday World has proven themselves as one of the industry underdogs time and again... and continue to set new standards (is it "less greed" or are they just really lucky? Or both?)

Splashin' Safari has some of the best slides I've ever been on; very ride-able and some seem longer than at other parks. I haven't been on Mammoth yet, but I had more fun on Wildebeest than I have on most land coasters!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

^^My uneducated guess (never been to Holiday World) would be that they want to spread out the crowds on the waterpark side.

Postby Wes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

better_by_design wrote:
RoCo wrote:If they put a big giraffe head up on top of the former PP, that would be pretty damned awesome. ;)

I'd chip in on a Kickstarter to put a giant fire-breathing giraffe head on top of PP!

You have to admit THAT would make it onto the news.

YES. THIS.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

So.... What about the new trains for the Voyage?....... Has Holiday world given up? :omg:
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Gnome wrote:So.... What about the new trains for the Voyage?....... Has Holiday world given up? :omg:

I think what's more telling is that in about 40 responses since the announcement, only 2 people have mentioned the new trains.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm

^Yes, I doubt anyone is holding their breath about seeing Timberliners on Voyage.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!