Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ratdogg68 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Could be renaming The Legend since it's not open anymore this year?
Let the Riding begin

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm

ahecht wrote:Rename the Voyage when it gets the new Timberliners?

I wouldn't expect anything major -- just a couple of weeks ago Dan Koch was quoted as saying:
"We did a great big project for 2012, so there may not be a big project in 2013," Koch said. "But I promise you, there are big, big projects coming for 2014, 2015 and 2016. They are already on the drawing board, but I am sworn to secrecy."

Well that's very exciting for the future, especially that they are "big" projects and not just minor. We'll see how these years play out.

And very interesting, I wonder what could be renamed..
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

You guys are missing the part that says:
WildStangAlex wrote:From Holiday World's Email Newsletter:
Stay tuned for the 2013 reveal - something for each park, plus the re-naming of a major ride. We'll have the update in next week's newsletter (if you'd like to know sooner, watch our website and Facebook page for the announcement Tuesday).

My predictions-
HW- Timberliners for Voyage
SS- Re-naming of a slide? But IDK why? Maybe a new "Bonzai Pipeline"-ish slide with the name "Amazoom"?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby 10ryansmith » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 pm

I know it's not you to happen but I would love to see something like Thunderhead at HW.
As for the wet side, idk... I don't see anything that they need. Lol. It's great as is.

Also, congrats on the awards.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 pm

10ryansmith wrote:...As for the wet side, idk... I don't see anything that they need. Lol. It's great as is.

Uhh, Body Slides...?
Snoochie Boochie

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm

^I second this. Although, saying that almost feels like saying "the dry side needs another steel coaster."

Voyage 2 or V2! =)
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I think it's somewhat obvious what the two parks are likely getting, and it won't end up being something completely new. Rather, it will be something that was delayed.

Holiday World: Timberliners on Voyage
Splashin' Safari: 8-person boats on Mammoth

There won't be any significant new attraction since it was previously stated 2014-2016 each have one and both parks got something new this year. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they announce a new ride at all. As for the name change, no idea, but it likely will not be a headliner, just another major ride.
Last edited by rcdude on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 am.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 pm

It will be interesting to see what is happening with those Timberliners. From Holiday World through my manager at my park (HW and Waldameer are buddies), the issues have been centered around durability of the trains. Last time I heard some parts on the trains were basically being shook apart. Timberliners have been a massive success on smaller woodies, but they haven't been able as of yet to perform as well on a large woodie like Voyage. I'm rooting for them though. 2013 I finally get to take on the Voyage.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:02 am

^Chad Miller of the GG team said in a video Holiday World posted a while back that the new Voyage timberliners will be different from the other timberliners on Wooden Warrior and Twister. By that he probably means much stronger and able to withstand the crazy forces of the Voyage.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:44 am

I'm willing to bet that if Voyage got topper track, it would easily reclaim the #1 spot. If you put Voyage and El Toro up to comparison and make them both just as smooth and re-ridable, IMHO Voyage would win every time. It's got all of the things that make ET good, plus tunnels, three 90-banked turns, and it lasts a lot longer.

Not to mention being located in a park that is actually clean, friendly, and not full of Jersey Shore rejects.

(edited to add) Plus, it would reduce the jarring stress on the Timberliners if it were really smooth....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!