Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ginzo » Sun May 06, 2012 6:02 pm

The Voyage is indeed very smooth now. It still won't crack my top 10 because it doesn't have the kind of airtime that I like.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun May 06, 2012 6:03 pm

^25 seconds isn't enough for you?

Postby ginzo » Sun May 06, 2012 6:14 pm

^I remember reading what they considered airtime when they came up with that number. I think it was something like 0.2 g or less. I'm not sure. In any event, it's not Intamin-style airtime by any stretch of the imagination.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm

SFOGdude25 wrote:I'm at Holiday World right now and just got off the Voyage with good news. All the extensive trackwork paid off. The ride is the smoothest it's been in years

Best new for 2012 attraction by miles.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Postby ernierocker » Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Doesn't The Voyage always run well in the beginning of the season only to have those PTC trains tear it apart by summer? I'd wait until seeing how it is running in July/August before getting too excited. It would really suck for the park to spend so much money on re-tracking only to have those trains undo everything in a couple of months.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:57 pm

^Normally yes, but last year I visited right around this time in May, and the Voyage was already terribly rough (at least I thought so). I remember walking off with a bad headache after my two rides last year. This year was much improved. I'll be going a few more times to see how the trackwork holds up, and of course to check out Mammoth, which looked amazing up on that hill!

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Sparkler has a bit of testing action going on.

13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Looks good! It's a bit taller than I was expecting. Can't wait to see it in full swing!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm

^The opposite for me, I thought it was going to be a little taller. Still, it looks like a lot of fun, and something to be able to get a good view since it's at the top of the hill (as long as the trees don't block too much).

The Voyage last year was honestly kinda brutal. I was able to go for 5 rides (each of them non-consecutive) last year. My dad rode it once and called it quits for the rest for the day. It was too much for him.

I still love the Voyage, and i'm glad to hear it's smoother in parts.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding the selection of the winning family of their "Super Fan Family" contest.

-Producers for the Travel Channel will travel to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari this weekend to shoot an episode of their upcoming series, “Extreme Water Parks.”

“We’re told Mammoth – our new water coaster – was top on their list for this new show,” says park president Dan Koch. “We’re held a video contest to search for featured riders for the upcoming shoot.”

Winning The park’s “Super Fan Family” contest drew videos from dozens of families. Park officials submitted their five favorite videos to Travel Channel producers, who chose the Julian family of Paducah, Kentucky, as the winning entry. (View their video here: http://youtu.be/E6xpx9X2OCs.)

The Julians, parents Dale and Esther plus sons Caleb and Jacob, win season passes, HoliCash, use of a Bahari River Cabana, overnights in one of the new Rudolph’s Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, plus the opportunity to be the featured Mammoth riders during the Travel Channel shoot.

“Anticipation for Mammoth has been huge,” says Koch. “We can’t wait to see the Julian family take their first rides with the Travel Channel cameras capturing every splash, laugh and scream.” Mammoth is a record-breaking one-third mile long, with seven hills, including a steep 45-degree drop. Six- and eight-passenger boats are propelled uphill by linear induction motors.

The Mammoth episode of “Extreme Water Parks” will air on the Travel Channel, which is available in nearly 96 million U.S. households, later this summer.

Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, named the nation’s #1 water park by TripAdvisor.com, will open for the daily season on May 11 with the premiere of Mammoth – the world’s longest water coaster. For more information about the parks, visit http://www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!