Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Cracka lacka licious

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby JEAPUgrad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Will spoke to several of us in a group during Saturday's ERT.

We were all in between Legend and Raven when we ran into him.

He stated that while one of the two TL trains were ready, they canceled the inspection that was suppose to be on the past Thursday because they made a decision that they weren't going to operate just one TL train.

He asked what sense does it make to get the trains inspected separately AND to have one train operation on the most popular attraction in the park during the two busiest months of the season: June and July?

None.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby CoasterBoyJosh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:17 pm

DBru wrote:Now, Legend, I feel, is running as good as it ever has.

I agree completely. Loved my Legend experience this year. As for the Voyage, it made me wish for HWN '09. I can only imagine what it was like to ride it in '08 or '07 or '06 if it's progressively getting worse.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Der Der Dongt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Hey everyone! =)
I am doing a coastertour through the US right now and going to Holidayworld this friday. Now is there a chance that the timberliners are gonna be ready by then? If it helps we would be able to push our visit back by a few days. I would really love to try out those new trains! :airtime:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Der Der Dongt wrote:Hey everyone! =)
I am doing a coastertour through the US right now and going to Holidayworld this friday. Now is there a chance that the timberliners are gonna be ready by then? If it helps we would be able to push our visit back by a few days. I would really love to try out those new trains! :airtime:

I would say - no chance. Go to the park and ride it. Don't wait for the Timberliners. It's already voted the #1 wood coaster and I really doubt that is going to change due to them adding a different train on it.

--Robb

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:44 am

I'm gonna have to agree with Rob on this one. I'm pretty picky about my top wood coasters since I've been on some of the best in America, and Voyage is definately up there for me. Its just too bad the park is only open after dark during events. Pitch Black+Voyage=Scariest coaster I've been on in my life! Yes, the ride is rough, and you kind of have to know the layout to brace yourself, but Voyage definately deserves its #1 position with or without Timberjiners. Besides, if you skip out on HW, youll be missing out on Raven, Legend, and Wildebeest aswell, not to mention all the other goodies the park has to offer. I love Holiday World, and would probabbly advise anyone to visit the park whenever I could.
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

Reon wrote:Timberjiners

:lmao:

As much as I love Voyage, I still have to say El Toro is better. Maybe the Timberliners will change that since I'm tall and it's uncomfortable for me to sit in PTC's.
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Wolf » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 am

CPmaverick wrote:
Reon wrote:Timberjiners

:lmao:

As much as I love Voyage, I still have to say El Toro is better. Maybe the Timberliners will change that since I'm tall and it's uncomfortable for me to sit in PTC's.

How do you deal with the mega-staple on El Toro?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Wolf » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 am

haux wrote:I asked Mike Graham if they had the idea for the Timberliners before Voyage or if they came up with them for Voyage. He said it was the latter.

There's an easy answer to that question.

Drive up to Monticello, Indiana, and take a good look at the chassis on Lost Coaster. Then take a look at the photos of the underside of the Timberliner cars. The Timberliners are an idea that's been in the works for a long time.

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 pm

^^I wasn't stapled at all :b .
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Der Der Dongt » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Rode Voyage yesterday and it was so disappointing.
It was rougher than last year and due to the shorter trains the airtime was not as intense as it used to be.

Voyage has never been my #1 Woodie but with the new trains that could change.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!