Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby The username » Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Going for the first time since 2011 so its been a minute. How is the park, mainly the condition of the rides? How are Raven/Legend/Voyage riding? Gonna be there two days in early June, probably Monday and Tuesday. So psyched! cant wait!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Intamin_coyote » Tue May 14, 2019 3:19 pm

^Haven't been since 2012 and 2013, so I can't exactly speak on how they're running now, but one thing I would advise is stay in the " - 1" seats. From my experience, it makes a world of difference.

Obviously with 2 bench PTCs they're all wheel seats, but front wheel of any car tends to run much better than back-wheel.

(Also applies to some steelies - Kingda Ka comes to mind)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 pm

I would be a first time visitor, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with heading over to Kings Island though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid the crowds? I was looking at doing Tues-Weds timeframe.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 am

From my experience, lines in the ride park aren't usually too bad. I went on a holiday weekend the past two years and the longest line I've seen for the coasters has been a half hour.

The water park can get bad crowds on a hot day though. Fortunately the two water coasters have single rider lines.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Chiselphane » Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 am

sdcfan88 wrote:I would be a first time visitor, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with heading over to Kings Island though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid the crowds? I was looking at doing Tues-Weds timeframe.

I would say the week before would be the safer bet* overall, but if you're planning on 2 days instead of 1 then you'd still easily do everything more than once, as long as you're not going on Memorial Day itself.

Lot of schools here in SE MO are getting out end of 3rd week but I don't personally feel that has a big impact on HW attendance; I cant speak much for IL but the towns I know of close by are getting out mid to end of last week so Tues-Wed might still be ok even with that.

*Should have checked the calendar first. They are open the week before but with lesser hours and that week is designated as a school week, IE field trips and such.

Postby Raven Maven » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 am

sdcfan88 wrote:I would be a first time visitor, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with heading over to Kings Island though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid the crowds? I was looking at doing Tues-Weds timeframe.

My advice is to stick to your original plan. Weekdays through May 24 are "School Days": https://www.holidayworld.com/group-discounts/school-groups/school-days/

Whichever you choose - have fun!
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks all. Will do.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Who else will be at Holiwood Nights this weekend? I'm excited to try all those woodies (and Thunderbird) at night.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 pm

Was more of a last minute opened opportunity, but I am registered and plan to be there. Should be fun! Seriously can't wait to come back to the park.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Who else will be at Holiwood Nights this weekend? I'm excited to try all those woodies (and Thunderbird) at night.

We will! First time at the event, 3rd time at HW overall.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!