Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 am

^Happy to hear you enjoyed you first rides on Voyage! That double down you mention.. it’s actually a triple down ;)

All 3 woodies seem to be running in prime condition! Legend (my favorite of the three) was running particularly hot last night. Holy cow! Thunderbird is better than ever; everything is tight, no rattle. Can’t wait for tonight.

My favorite geeky quote from some dude during last night’s ERT “Voyage eats RMC for breakfast!” (Just having fun, we all love RMC too!)
BB9A6836-80E0-4F4C-9EB5-BAE5B1DE13D0.jpeg
Badge for Holiwood Nights this year. Theme is Caddyshack... Bushwood was the country club and Ipe wood is what was used on the top 2 layers of Legend’s track (and Voyage?). Also, the cake balls were to die for.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Ha yeah on voyage ert i heard "who needs steel vengeance!?" U still hope to go to CP this year, sad I missed coastermania but HW has been a great time and Voyage is indeed no joke. Esp with the trim breaks turned off. Having rode a normal ride on it, big diffedence. Can't wait for ert again. Im spoiled ha. also have decided I give the edge to Legend. Better air on raven but I like the intensity.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 am

I really have to make it to HoliWood Nights one of these years for the legendary trimless Voyage rides.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I really have to make it to HoliWood Nights one of these years for the legendary trimless Voyage rides.

It was insane. At night back row, words can't even. Nothing against Beast night ride but it can't hold a candle to that experience.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:37 am

Sounds like perhaps Voyage is getting better through re-tracking and maintenance?

I'd still like to go back and try it out again, but with much trepidation after getting absolutely battered on it a few years ago. Raven was above and beyond the best wooden coaster there, but we still preferred the water park over the ride side.

Postby JT325 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am

^People seemed to be saying Voyage is best it's ever been. But it's still a very aggressive design, the way it was meant! My favorite Voyage year was 2 years ago, but it's hard to compare. I love it all the time! 2011 was "the rough" year if I remember correctly.

Legend is still my favorite at the park. It reminds me of Phoenix in that it seems to get faster every time I ride it. I dunno how they do it.

The event was amazing. Back home last night, sore from all the walking... and maybe a little sore from riding - a good sore! I always know my favorite parks are my favorites when I keep wanting more after I leave. I met some new people from different coaster/park clubs, including a TPR acquaintance from years ago. Holiwood Nights/Holiday World has a way of bringing people together like nobody else.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Voyage in 2016 was very smooth, with the only less-than-ideal roughness in wheel seats (and even that was pretty bearable). Legend was smooth but didn't really do anything except laterals (which are fun but not as fun as on The Boss). Raven had an awesome layout and setting but it felt like it was shredding the train apart to the point of discomfort.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:35 pm

I liked the Voyage the best during my trip about 10 days ago. I thought Raven was the second best wooden roller coaster. Legend came in third. All three are good rides and with Thunderbird, Holiday World doesn't have a bad coaster in the park. Really need to make it to HoliWood nights and ride the trim less Voyage. Currently the Voyage is my favorite wooden roller coaster ahead of Goliath (SFGA), Ghost Rider, Gold Striker, and Mystic Timbers. Will get to Lightning Rod in August and will need to ride El Toro next year.

Postby JT325 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:35 pm

One more thing I forgot... there was lightning close to the park Saturday night, cutting into ERT. The park went above and beyond by extending ERT after midnight. I don't know what time it went until but I was still riding Voyage at 12:35am.

Also, the Water Cup Challenge on Legend was a blast!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Saw some mysterious photos floating around online of the old Pilgrims Plunge station getting an addition / construction being ADDED to the building. At least that is how it appears. Any word on this from anyone on what this could possibly be? Or am I imagining things?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!