Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm

805Andrew wrote:
adamico2 wrote:
Raven Maven wrote:That's become SOP for HoliWood Nights the past few years - brake-free ERT on Voyage.

I'm loving the triple meaning of SOP!
1. Standard Operating Procedure
2. "a thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met"
3. "a piece of bread dipped in gravy"

I looked up SOP and saw the same the meanings, but read them in reverse order. I thought that it was #2 until I read #1. :lmao:

Speaking of Holiday World, I pulled the trigger for their Holiwood Nights event and will be going to HW for the first time ever in June. Really looking forward to it!

Awesome! It's a great event, and a great way to experience Holiday World. You're going to have a great time.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Easily my favorite roller coaster enthusiast event, ever! I love returning to it every year, though sadly this might be the year I have to skip due to other interfering travel plans. I'm sure you guys will have a blast! Just remember to take breaks in between re-rides. ;)
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm

^^ I'm pretty sure, if there's another event I'd be interested in attending, like I enjoyed
CoasterMANIA! last June, Holiwood Nights would definitely be one of them. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Raven Maven » Wed May 09, 2018 1:44 pm

There goes the neighborhood! ;) #NextDoorApp used here in town.

Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 am

It's been 2 long years since my last Holiwood Nights, I'm so excited I can't sit still. I wonder if Holiday World will build their own hotel at some point? It would definitely be quality!
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Went to Holiday World for the first time on this past Friday. I really think this park is great. I enjoyed all 4 coasters. Got 10 rides on the voyage. I really need to go back and ride it during holiwood nights. It must be insane. Got 8 rides on thunder bird. I got 3 on raven and 2 on legend. The staff was really friendly. They really seemed to get it at this park. I spent just over 6 hours at the park and was really tired after starting my day in Cincinnati and having to drive back to Louusville. To be honest I thing this is a must visit for anyone who loves theme parks.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:04 pm

^Great quick review! Holiwood Nights really is one of the not-to-be-missed coaster events. One of the best I've ever attended, probably THEE best in fact (I've been doing coaster events since the late 80s). The only downfall is HW is so spot-on and the event is so awesome, it's hard to go to another park/event after with out feeling let down a little (but these days I know to bring my expectations down to normal-level afterwards). Voyage seems to get better every year, I dunno how they do it.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Sun May 27, 2018 6:35 am

I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3). I'm not too familiar with how crowded this place gets, do you guys think I would be able to ride each coaster multiple times?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sun May 27, 2018 7:30 am

I haven't been on a Sunday, but I doubt that you'll have any problem riding and reriding everything. The main nuisance to getting rerides when I was there was that the woodies tended to open late and break down more often than an average coaster.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Sun May 27, 2018 7:48 am

LiftThrill wrote:I haven't been on a Sunday, but I doubt that you'll have any problem riding and reriding everything. The main nuisance to getting rerides when I was there was that the woodies tended to open late and break down more often than an average coaster.

Thanks. I'm used to the crowds that Six Flags Great America gets, so I'm sure it won't be an issue. How long would you expect the average line to be? I'm used to waiting in 50+ minute lines, so I'll manage if the lines are long, I'm just wondering what to expect.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!