Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Sammy* » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm

If it is a drop tower hopefully it will face riders like BGT new drop tower.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Sammy* wrote:If it is a drop tower hopefully it will face riders like BGT new drop tower.

That would be insane looking down from that high up. I'm just hoping this drop tower has a solid capacity since Great Adventure can get really busy.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I think it would be interesting is if the drop ride was inside the tower. Couldn't that be a possability as well?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:11 pm

RCF wrote:I think it would be interesting is if the drop ride was inside the tower. Couldn't that be a possability as well?

The riders would need to be Lilliputians
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 am

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but I saw it posted on Facebook and thought it was interesting...

Could it be possible that SFGAdv is redoing Kingda Ka's top hat and turning it into an inverted top hat? This would give Kingda Ka the highest inversion on a roller coaster in the world record, and GAdv already stated that the new addition would be record breaking. I'm all in for a "Giga-Drop", but this sounds like it could be a possibility as well.
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Parallax » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Dunno if this was mentioned before, but I saw it posted on Facebook and thought it was interesting...

Could it be possible that SFGAdv is redoing Kingda Ka's top hat and turning it into an inverted top hat? This would give Kingda Ka the highest inversion on a roller coaster in the world record, and GAdv already stated that the new addition would be record breaking. I'm all in for a "Giga-Drop", but this sounds like it could be a possibility as well.

Although it makes sense from the hints (This will be sure to "top" everyone's ride list) I think that is very unlikely.

Also, it is referred to as a Giga Drop everywhere, but wouldn't it technically be a Strata Drop?
The greatest threat the Corps ever faced was Parallax, an entity that fed on the yellow energy of fear.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 pm

That wouldn't top MY ride list. My shoulders hurt just thinking about going through the top-hat upside-down as slow as it does. I personally don't give any clout to those rumors.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GigaG » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:04 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:That wouldn't top MY ride list. My shoulders hurt just thinking about going through the top-hat upside-down as slow as it does. I personally don't give any clout to those rumors.

Hopefully, if they do this, they remove the trims atop the tower. However, Intamin's OTSRs don't touch your shoulders much, right?
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:37 pm

GigaG wrote:Hopefully, if they do this, they remove the trims atop the tower. However, Intamin's OTSRs don't touch your shoulders much, right?

The ones on Kingda Ka touch mine a lot, if ride-ops push down enough on the restraints (I'm 6'0"). There are times when I'll get thrown into the restraints cresting over the smaller airtime hill, putting extra pressure on my clavicle bones. I had similar experiences on Storm Runner this season, too.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Zack44 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Report: After being away from the park in about five long months, I happened to visit the park on the day of two big events in the park. The park was holding a concert from Bridgit Mendler that people were lining up for in front of the Northern Star Arena since noon, but I've never heard of her so I didn't bother to actually see it. Also, it was "Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella" day, and they celebrated it by playing the songs from the musical on the loudspeakers and holding a parade with the characters, which I missed by a hair. Anyway, since it's been so long the last time I visited the park, I was eager to visit the new Safari Off Road Adventure... only to be greeted by a line that stretched out to the sign of Runaway Train. Fortunately, it also meant that Runaway Train, Bizarro, and the Skyway all had less than 5 minutes each, so I rode then all with my mother.

After a ride on Skull Mountain, I began to see that all of the lines were starting to pick up. I wandered off to Kingda Ka, which still had a sizable wait of about 20 minutes. El Toro was down for the day because of technical difficulties, meaning Rolling Thunder (just the left side was open) had a longer line than usual. The line for the Safari never got any shorter throughout the day, so I avoided like the plague and I'll just have to wait 'til my next visit. After a quick trip outside the park for some dinner, we were able to score some rides on Buccaneer, the Dark Knight, Deja Vu, two rides on Houdini. We also got the first ride on SkyScreamer with the lights on and a ride on the Big Wheel before my mother out early. Before the park closed through, I was able to get rides on Super Round Up (or whatever it's called now), Green Lantern, and Superman, each with little to no wait. Overall, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get on the Safari, but I was able to get a bunch of enjoyable rides with not to much waiting.

Rating: 5 out of 6 flags
http://www.coastercounter.com/nbadude44

Finally hit the big 1-0-0!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!