Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2025 - Hallowfest - New Halloween event for 2020
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:01 pm

^ Thanks!!! Still a few weeks out, so things might change. (Hopefully they do!) - I’m just trying to prepare for the worst. :(
Bigger is not always better.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:28 am

JG-77 wrote:From what I understand (which could be wrong), it depends on how busy the park is. If the park is empty enough that they’re losing money, they may use weather as an excuse to close, but if it’s crowded enough that they’re making money, they have been known to keep the park open in a hurricane. Besides KK I think most rides will run in the rain.

That's exactly correct. All of it.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 pm

JG-77 wrote:From what I understand (which could be wrong), it depends on how busy the park is. If the park is empty enough that they’re losing money, they may use weather as an excuse to close, but if it’s crowded enough that they’re making money, they have been known to keep the park open in a hurricane. Besides KK I think most rides will run in the rain.

Damn, I wouldn't mind riding Toro, Nitro, Superman: Ultimate Flight, Bizarro, etc in a rainstorm!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:03 am

Cedar Fair can be boring all they want... Six Flags isn't playing their reindeer games (I'll show myself out). Holiday in the Park is officially on. :lover:

Untitled.jpg

Facebook

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:06 am

^ I think the biggest issue with Cedar Fair this year is their stubbornness to run any attraction with anything less than a full crew, so they've had an issue with staffing. Six Flags doesn't mind running rides with bare-bone ride crews and having a bazillion food locations closed.

That being said, I'm excited to see Holiday in the Park return and will definitely make it down there unless they have to close for some reason.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure & Waldameer

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 am

This is exciting because maybe people will actually wear their masks when its cold out.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 am

"Guests will be required to proceed through a temperature check and then directly to Nitro where their mask will be permanently frozen to their face".

... I like it

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I think the biggest issue with Cedar Fair this year is their stubbornness to run any attraction with anything less than a full crew, so they've had an issue with staffing. Six Flags doesn't mind running rides with bare-bone ride crews and having a bazillion food locations closed.

Maybe, I don't know. Not doing a Christmas event because of Covid in any park that's open through October is stunningly stupid. Nobody will have an issue covering their faces... they do it anyway voluntarily. Crowds are lighter in general. Crowds are better behaved in general because those events target families so they're more likely to follow the new rules. Christmas events are already perfect for this crazy new reality.
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:14 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am

I'm really impressed that they're going for it and don't see it as less safe than the mall opening indoors in the middle of winter! At least people will be outdoors and happily wearing a face covering!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:42 am

This is awesome news. With SFNE being closed I’ll have to get my first Great Adventure HITP in this year!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 pm

SharkTums wrote:I'm really impressed that they're going for it and don't see it as less safe than the mall opening indoors in the middle of winter! At least people will be outdoors and happily wearing a face covering!

I really hope we don't still have a face-covering mandate by then. I can barely stand wearing a mask for more than a few moments, which is why haven't been to any amusement parks since this whole mess started. It's also why I do all my grocery shopping online with curbside pick-up.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!