Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:12 pm

So far, the park reservations are available every day until Sunday, July 26th. I was actually planning to go on July 27th, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:35 pm

tndank wrote:System crashed for an hour or so but works fine now.

Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro, and a few others rides will not be opening with the park. Forgot where I saw the list. Sounded like maint. work and inspections were delayed due to COVID and still need to be done on a few rides.

This is super disappointing. No Storm Runner at Hershey and now no Ka? Sounds like anything related to an Accelerator model is not opening this year. Womp

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:27 pm

tndank wrote:System crashed for an hour or so but works fine now.

Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro, and a few others rides will not be opening with the park. Forgot where I saw the list. Sounded like maint. work and inspections were delayed due to COVID and still need to be done on a few rides.

Well looks like I'll be (hopefully) able to marathon Batman: The Ride, Nitro, El Toro and Bizarro.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:40 am

Clarimeister wrote:This is super disappointing. No Storm Runner at Hershey and now no Ka? Sounds like anything related to an Accelerator model is not opening this year. Womp

Well Dragster was testing this morning so there goes that theory.

dragster.jpg

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 pm

boldikus wrote:
Clarimeister wrote:This is super disappointing. No Storm Runner at Hershey and now no Ka? Sounds like anything related to an Accelerator model is not opening this year. Womp

Well Dragster was testing this morning so there goes that theory.

dragster.jpg

Seems like CP found some magic in their Intamin. Lol

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:52 pm

CP also has their own Intamin shop on site maintaining the 4 coasters and rapids ride plus whatever else is Intamin related. I do not think any other park has that available.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Are their CP-employed mechanics dedicated to each coaster, perhaps even specially trained on Inatmin rides? Sure, I'd believe that.

But I'm not going to believe that there's a branch of Intamin AG on-site at Cedar Point. If that were the case, Dragster wouldn't have like 50% downtime each year.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:19 pm

By Intamin shop, I’m sure he means the former.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:44 am

Nitro is closed and listed as closed on the website. I've heard some not-so-good rumors but don't want to post them since I don't trust the source at all (and if I did I still wouldn't post them for other reasons, lol).
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 am.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:52 am

coasterbill wrote:Nitro is closed and listed as closed on the website. I've heard some not-so-good rumors but don't want to post them since I don't trust the source at all (and if I did I still wouldn't post them for other reasons, lol).

Are you talking about the rumor of Nitro being RMC'd? First ever steel to wood conversion? :lmao: :lmao:
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS