Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:06 am

The Nitro crew are nearing in 2 million riders for this season which will actually be the first time the ride has given 2 million riders in a single season!! Be sure to take a few extra rides on Nitro if you visit anytime during the rest of the season! Even on a crowded fright fest day, the line will move extremely fast thanks to the amazing operations!
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)
2019: uhhh ... YouTube

Credit Count: 500

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:44 am

^Last year I decided to take a plunge and wait in a full, overflowing queue for Nitro during Fright Fest. The app said it was 90 minutes, it took 25 minutes. I timed it and the line didn't stop moving at all, it was like a constant slow walk with like 2 full stops.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 am

JG-77 wrote:I'd agree with the improving operations. Even at SFA, Superman on busier days would be running two trains, with the 2nd train frequently sitting on the brake run for just 10-15 seconds before they dispatch. I've even caught a couple of times when the train was dispatched before the other train even reached the brakes. Not as nearly impressive as impressive as Nitro or S:TR @SFNE, but still impressive that SF was able to get SFA's operations into something tolerable.

2 trains at SFA?!? I think this is the biggest shocker. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 am

^It's more common than you think
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:57 am

Visiting on Oct. 27. Don't really care about credits so I'd be ok with msising Superman since my homepark is SFOG. What do you think the proper route is to make sure I can knock it all out in time? Was thinking Kingda Ka> El Toro > Bizarro > freespin > wonder woman > Nitro. Would also like to try the safari as I see that is the last operating day. Hoping crowds wont be too bad during the early afternoon. Planning to be there from opening-5.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:15 am

shoesfather wrote:Visiting on Oct. 27. Don't really care about credits so I'd be ok with msising Superman since my homepark is SFOG. What do you think the proper route is to make sure I can knock it all out in time? Was thinking Kingda Ka> El Toro > Bizarro > freespin > wonder woman > Nitro. Would also like to try the safari as I see that is the last operating day. Hoping crowds wont be too bad during the early afternoon. Planning to be there from opening-5.

Do the Safari first, the line for that thing grows very quickly.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 am

^^ SORA first if that's a priority (and it should be). Its a 45-60 minute experience (depending if you get off @ Camp Adventura). If the wait to board is an hour, then you're spending two hours back there. Also, the animals are typically more active in the morning or evening, they just kinda lay around in the afternoon. Just do it early or first. Hit Bizarro and Mine Train while you are over there but sometimes SORA and Bizarro open later - or at least they used to.

Once you're done there - Toro/Ka/Zum, Joker, Wonder Woman/Nitro. Could easily be done in 6-7 hours, but ONLY if you get there at opening and knock out SORA early. Avoid Joker early as it gets a line because its one of the first things people see, it will die down. Nitro is a people eater (as the last two pages of this thread show you) so just save it for last. The "The wait is this long from this point" signs? Divide by the number of trains that are on. Wait is an hour but they have three trains running? You'll be on in 20 minutes barring any operational issues.

P.S. Toro: 2nd-to-last row, Ka: front row, no exceptions, Nitro: back right, Bizarro: front for the view or back for the force. You're welcome.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Taylor Finn » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:39 am

Just got back from Knoebels. And I always just LOVE how quickly things happen. Every ride just operates with efficiency. It makes my day so much better. It is awesome to hear Nitro operates that way.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:24 pm

3Mutts wrote:
shoesfather wrote:Visiting on Oct. 27. Don't really care about credits so I'd be ok with msising Superman since my homepark is SFOG. What do you think the proper route is to make sure I can knock it all out in time? Was thinking Kingda Ka> El Toro > Bizarro > freespin > wonder woman > Nitro. Would also like to try the safari as I see that is the last operating day. Hoping crowds wont be too bad during the early afternoon. Planning to be there from opening-5.

Do the Safari first, the line for that thing grows very quickly.

And from what I can recall, the line for SORA gets cut off at about 4:00?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 pm

It varies depending on when sunset is.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!