Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Satans Hockey and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:53 am

I visited the park on Friday night and I was very impressed by how operationally excellent everything was. I was worried about the 5pm-midnight hours and Fright Fest, combined with bring-a-friend weekend being crowded...the 5-6 hour almost made me think we'd lucked out, as we got about 8 El Toro rides in without ever leaving the station and a walk-on for Kingda Ka. Well...by 7pm the park was absolutely mobbed but the park handled it extremely well. Every single coaster we went to was at maximum capacity. El Toro running both trains, Nitro running 3 and rarely stacking, etc. Gold Flash Pass was definitely our friend, but needless to say, this park has the best operations I've seen this year in the entire chain.

As for El Toro, some work definitely got done between my spring visit and now. In the spring, the turnaround was brutal and the pothole pulling out of the Rolling Thunder hill was killer. It was running super smooth this time around on all the rides we had, and while the turnaround was still slightly jarring, the rest of the coaster was extremely smooth and the pothole, which had been developing for a few years, was completely gone. Bravo to Six Flags Great Adventure for keeping this excellent coaster running in tip-top shape.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:40 pm

I've been tossing around the idea of visiting this park the weekend between FF and HITP. While I'm would never go to thips park with the assumption of it being dead due to its unpredictability, is it reasonable to expect marginally smaller crowds during this weekend than on a typical FF weekend? Also, anyone know if the Safari be open?

600th post!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:56 pm

This years bonus weekend is BAFF but I'm still going on the Saturday because of that Nitro pin they're giving out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:29 pm

The Safari's last day is October 27th (and November 2nd and 3rd as an upcharge for the wine festival).

I have gone to the park almost every year in between FF and HITP. It used to be mostly walk ons all day, last year was more crowded but still low crowds overall and nothing compared to a Fright Fest operating day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:24 am

... so the park ran a Bring a Friend Free promotion during Fright Fest yesterday :lol:

Source: Great Adventure Connoisseurs

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gardyloo! » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:02 am

Now that is frightening...
I'm actually considering buying a gold season pass for 2020 since I'm moving to NYC. Are the deals Six Flags is offering now the best, or is the price difference between buying them now or somewhere in April not that big? I know I missed the labor day deal and that one is the best I was told. I just can't physically pick up the pass till next spring so that's why I'm asking and still undecided.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:23 am

Bill beat me to the photos. In addition to the BAFF, they had the secondary entrance to the park (for those looking to enter from 537 eastbound) closed off, so anyone looking to get into the park from that direction had to drive past and turn around. You think the jughandles suck on a normal day?
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:05 pm

It was busy on Saturday when I went for my photo rounds, but nothing like that. There was no traffic getting in. I even got a walk on on Nitro. I'll be back in November lol

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wmp.dll » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I am going on a Bermuda cruise next May/June out of New York, and being a coaster enthusiast I thought I might tack on a day at Great Adventure. I’ve never been to a Six Flags Park, Canada’s Wonderland would be the closest thing to Six Flags I’ve been to. Obviously crowds can’t be predicted, but I was wondering what I should expect if I went on a Wednesday or Thursday in late May/early June? Are schools out by then? I would be going to the park solo, should I invest in a Flash Pass? I appreciate any insight you can provide me.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby jamesinclair » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

One does not simply bring a friend for free

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!