Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 29 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am

Worried about capacity? Go to the park in the spring. Go on those weird off weekends between Fright Fest and HITP. Or just go during HITP.

Just don't go on a really nice day in the summer. Don't go on a BAFF day. Or go in the summer but get there first thing and run right to the ride.

I hear a lot of people saying "this park gets insane crowds" and I know it does at times... but as a local that frequents this park fairly often I honestly can't remember the last time I went to this park and it was absolutely mobbed. Now, I know some people travel and can't change when they visit as easily as someone close by like me, but that's just a risk you have to take. It works both ways - I have to worry about this stuff when visiting other parks. Budget for fast pass and get there bright and early and make a f*cking effort. LOL
Last edited by boldikus on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:40 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 am

I went Saturday and lines for security were back to superman at one point. I changed my mind and went to hurricane harbor instead where there were no lines.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:48 am

boldikus wrote:I hear a lot of people saying "this park gets insane crowds" and I know it does at times... but as a local that frequents this park fairly often I honestly can't remember the last time I went to this park and it was absolutely mobbed. Now, I know some people travel and can't change when they visit as easily as someone close by like me, but that's just a risk you have to take. It works both ways - I have to worry about this stuff when visiting other parks. Budget for fast pass and get there bright and early and make a f*cking effort. LOL

:nina:

This.

Before planning to go to a park, I check EVERYTHING. Events, concerts, weather, what day it is. Everything factors into when a park will be busy or not, so if you have the option to go on a different day when you KNOW it's gonna be packed due to an event, then DO THAT.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 am

boldikus wrote:Worried about capacity? Go to the park in the spring. Go on those weird off weekends between Fright Fest and HITP. Or just go during HITP.

Just don't go on a really nice day in the summer. Don't go on a BAFF day. Or go in the summer but get there first thing and run right to the ride.

I hear a lot of people saying "this park gets insane crowds" and I know it does at times... but as a local that frequents this park fairly often I honestly can't remember the last time I went to this park and it was absolutely mobbed. Now, I know some people travel and can't change when they visit as easily as someone close by like me, but that's just a risk you have to take. It works both ways - I have to worry about this stuff when visiting other parks. Budget for fast pass and get there bright and early and make a f*cking effort. LOL

The only bad experiences I have at the park are during Fright Fest and in 2018 we decided to take a hike on Saturday in April, it turned out that day was 85 degrees and everyone in the tristate decided to go as well, the food lines were an hour and a half long, the rides averaged at 20-40 minutes.

I'll stick to my Wednesdays in the summer. Without fail no matter the weather, the park is usually dead and everything is walk on to 10 minutes.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Everyone can calm down now, El Toro's 2nd train is back on.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:19 pm

boldikus wrote:Everyone can calm down now, El Toro's 2nd train is back on.

:nina:

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:00 pm

FWIW, even as somebody who has to travel from a long ways to go to the park, and has visited a number of different times of the year, I've never thought the crowds were obscene. Now, maybe I got lucky, but from what I'm hearing, you never know about this park, and if you're smart about it (not going weekends in the Summer or FF), you should be fine.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ilrider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:34 pm

boldikus wrote:Worried about capacity? Go to the park in the spring. Go on those weird off weekends between Fright Fest and HITP. Or just go during HITP.

Being there at park open and going straight to the ride is the best way to get on any ride, ever. We almost always go at park open at any park to get on rides before it gets busy.
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Masquerade » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Went a couple weeks ago and El Toro was really trying to thrash my body into a liquid goo.

Probably mounted the train that ended up getting repaired or whatever the past week?

Postby coasterbill » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:34 am

I have no idea, I just know that our ride yesterday was butter smooth.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!