Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:51 am

I am honestly completely lost with all the clues and I have no idea what it could or couldn't be. All I know is I'm looking forward to the announcements this year!
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:33 am

So Matt Kaiser, one of the admins of the Great Adventure Connoisseurs FB group, mentioned over on GAH that the park's PR department confirmed to him that "the bonus clue is meant to confirm it is NOT a dueling coaster". You can take that however you'd like, but I've always felt he's operated with integrity and trust him on this.
Last edited by michaellynn4 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:31 am

Friendly reminder to lower your expectations

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:33 am

No dueling coasters should rule out a Horizon Skywarp. Phew. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:05 am

I'm going to go with Premier since SFMM and SFGAm will/have gotten them recently. It could be a mobiüs coaster but I'm not sure if they would consider that to be "not dueling" since it is technically one coaster but would most likely ride as a dueling coaster. Also of note there was a clue that mentioned the number twelve and if you write the numbers (there is only one... you won't be seeing double) you get 1-2 or 12. Still not sure what that really means though as it's the clue no one has any guesses on at the moment.

If you put the letters in order of their frequency in the puzzles you get: _CSR_YE?? Someone on Twitter suggested scrambling it to "Sorcery" which seems like a good guess but still doesn't give us any information. Someone else on Twitter suggested "Scorned" in reference to the Jersey Devil legend... the woman had 12 children and her 13th child was the Jersey Devil, aka "scorned" child. Would fit perfectly if SFGAdv only had 12 coasters and the new would be #13, but they already have 13 coasters (they claim 14 with the Larson Loop). However, "Scorned" doesn't use the "Y" and requires two more letters and I think we're only getting one more (unless the last letter is coming on announcement day.

I'm usually good at word puzzles but this one isn't making a lot of sense to me and I'm not seeing too many good guesses. Glad this will be announced soon because this teaser campaign is hurting my brain :lol:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:18 am

I swear if this is the scramble, this will be biggest troll teaser campaign ever. :lol:
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 1.16.55 PM.png
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:33 pm

^ :lmao: I so hope that's what it is.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby B&MGuy35 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:08 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I'm going to go with Premier since SFMM and SFGAm will/have gotten them recently. It could be a mobiüs coaster but I'm not sure if they would consider that to be "not dueling" since it is technically one coaster but would most likely ride as a dueling coaster. Also of note there was a clue that mentioned the number twelve and if you write the numbers (there is only one... you won't be seeing double) you get 1-2 or 12. Still not sure what that really means though as it's the clue no one has any guesses on at the moment.

If you put the letters in order of their frequency in the puzzles you get: _CSR_YE?? Someone on Twitter suggested scrambling it to "Sorcery" which seems like a good guess but still doesn't give us any information. Someone else on Twitter suggested "Scorned" in reference to the Jersey Devil legend... the woman had 12 children and her 13th child was the Jersey Devil, aka "scorned" child. Would fit perfectly if SFGAdv only had 12 coasters and the new would be #13, but they already have 13 coasters (they claim 14 with the Larson Loop). However, "Scorned" doesn't use the "Y" and requires two more letters and I think we're only getting one more (unless the last letter is coming on announcement day.

I'm usually good at word puzzles but this one isn't making a lot of sense to me and I'm not seeing too many good guesses. Glad this will be announced soon because this teaser campaign is hurting my brain :lol:

SFGAm has no premier rides. Maxx Force is S&S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 am

It's pretty impressive nothing about this seemingly large addition has leaked yet, so kudos to the park for managing that. Its a rare thing these days.

If its not a kids area I'm thinking something similar to Maxx Force that stretches from Skull Mountain to behind Congo Rapids. In any case I'm stoked for all the butthurt.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby B&MGuy35 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 am

boldikus wrote:It's pretty impressive nothing about this seemingly large addition has leaked yet, so kudos to the park for managing that. Its a rare thing these days.

If its not a kids area I'm thinking something similar to Maxx Force that stretches from Skull Mountain to behind Congo Rapids. In any case I'm stoked for all the butthurt.

Especially since 4 parks have already been leaked. SFGAm addition looks pretty cool.
Poor Magic Mountain, they’re not getting anything.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!