Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 am

prozach626 wrote:
michaellynn4 wrote:Yep, it can close that early. It closed at 12:30PM on Sunday due to the weather.

I was actually joking about the noon thing. I thought I was being a little extreme, but apparently not!

:lmao: :lmao:

To be fair, there were maybe fewer than 15 cars in the parking lot by that point (based on photos). I think it would've been wiser to just not open outright, but the park did that the previous weekend already, and, in the interest of not doing that on consecutive weekends, may have been a bit too optimistic that the weather would clear up.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Even with bad weather, I think they will be open most of the day on Friday. There are regular school trips, Music in the Parks competitions and possibly Physics Day as well (used to be every Friday in April and May). Maybe they won’t stay open until 9 if it storms since the school groups usually leave in the late afternoon.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby jamesinclair » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am

Any way to check if theres some special group event planned for this Sunday?

Postby YoshiFan » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby BDD27 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:55 pm

I did end up taking a trip to the park today, and the weather was actually really nice. I made sure to marathon on Toro as much as I could before the park got somewhat busy :lol:. I will say that ride never gets old I guess I take it for granted a bit as it's at my home park and I've been riding it since it opened, but nonetheless by now everyone knows how great it is. I will say though I do think the turnaround needs to be retracked next. While I do enjoy the old school Woodie feeling on the airtime hills, that turnaround is starting to get a little painful. The other coasters were running well and the lines weren't too bad. Another random note is that the more I ride Batman this year the more I notice how welded up it is. Now I know ride maintenance and welding is normal, but Batman just looks like it's literally been welded together everywhere this year. I just hope this is a sign that the park is keeping up on its maintenance and not a sign that old age is starting to kick in. I remember towards the end of my beloved Scream Machines life it too required a lot of welding. In other news the finishing touches are being put on Wonder Woman with workers working on what appeared to be the lighting package today. All in all a good day although the lines for security are a bit outrageous this year I hope in the future it can be expanded to cut down on wait times as the time to get in the park is now way longer than most other parks I have been to. Oh and I almost forgot I finally decided to ride Cyborg today, decent ride it's very interesting to watch the ride move while you are in it. I'll be back next week for Wonder Woman and to get my PIN!!!

Hope you guys enjoy my trip reports! I know they aren't much, but I try to provide them as frequently as possible!
IMG_20190517_122355.jpg
El Toro, looking beautiful as usual. Weird afterthought, I love watching the wood age every year
IMG_20190517_122728.jpg
Having been on a decent amount of floorless coasters at this point, Bizzaro still remains one of my favorites and is very smooth
IMG_20190517_125531.jpg
The required shot, unfortunately spiderman happened to swing by as I was taking this photo and his web got in the way
IMG_20190517_131541.jpg
Always a fun and snappy invert, a ride on Batman was required. Notice the welding on the track though I see it on many rides, but none in particular as much as Batman
IMG_20190517_132749.jpg
The final touches are being placed on Wonder Woman in preparation for the rides opening next week
IMG_20190517_133202.jpg
Six flag's most explosive coaster is always a must ride and also my favorite B&M hyper
IMG_20190517_143354.jpg
I find Green Lantern to provide the best rides in the back row surprisingly and it can actually be quite enjoyable, but I can never forgive it for replacing my beloved Scream Machine
IMG_20190517_135622.jpg
I'm glad this classic is still here, although I do miss being able to rise right up past the top of Scream Machine
IMG_20190517_144230.jpg
And finally, it looks like the repaint on Superman is complete

Postby Superbatboy » Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but is Wonder Woman the bigger model like MM or the model the rest of the parks have??
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby BDD27 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 pm

^I believe Wonder Woman is the bigger version

Postby Superbatboy » Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

BDD27 wrote:^I believe Wonder Woman is the bigger version

:nina:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 pm

That first photo of El Toro looks like it has a bad Instagram filter on it... Is it really that faded? I for sure didn’t notice that on my last visit.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby BDD27 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

^It really is getting rather faded, but I think the clouds could play a part in making it look so faded in that picture, as there is no filter on it. It is a bit strange comparing pictures of 2006 El Toro to 2019 El Toro, thankfully the ride itself is still amazing

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!