Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Fri May 10, 2019 9:36 am

jamesinclair wrote:The video shows that each cycle will take about 5 minutes (including loading times) and its not a particularly large capacity ride. The picture shows the majority of the line has zero shade. Six Flags is primarily populated during the hottest times of the year.

I like shade. I think most people do. I don't understand why Six Flags management does not.

I'm not asking for Universal's Harry Potter style theming, but simply more of the canopy seen in the first photo. I understand they want to keep the sight-line open up front, so maybe they should have reconfigured more of the line to go around the back.

I get where you're coming from - I like shade too, but let's address a few things. For one, not a particularly high capacity ride? The gondola seats 40 people.

Secondly, the ride is testing in this video. I'm sure its not far off, but we don't know how long the ride cycle will be until it opens with riders.

Thirdly, to say this park is "primarily populated during the hottest months of the year" when this park is (and this ride will be) open 9 months out of the year, is really kind of reaching... I mean, personally I'll be riding this most often in Nov/Dec, and yeah that's just because I know that the park in the dead of summer is for suckers, but still. The park is really only HOT for 3 out of 9 months that its open. And not for nothing (since we're reaching) the wind caused by the ride while in operation acts a big giant fan on the queue below... :lol:

Also, let's keep in mind some of that queue in the front there is going to be for Flash Pass and those people are not going to have to wait as long as the standby queue.

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling there should be more shade (maybe like the Cyborg and Skyscreamer queues that wrap around the ride?) but just playing devils advocate. I have a friend headed to the park now who is going to get some more up to date photos of the ride area and some better shots of the queue. I'll report back later.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri May 10, 2019 11:18 am

jamesinclair wrote:I like shade. I think most people do. I don't understand why Six Flags management does not.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby BDD27 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am

Planning on taking a solo trip to the park this Friday! So far it's looking like it could be a bit stormy, but as long as it keeps the crowds away I'm happy :lmao:. I'll definitely try to provide some photos as usual and if anyone happens to be around let me know! As long as the weather holds out I should be there all day and I'm hoping to do a good few rides on Ka and Toro since my girlfriend is not a fan of them so I don't get to ride them all the time :cry:.

Postby prozach626 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 am

Try to get everything in before the park closes at noon due to low attendance...
Last edited by prozach626 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:50 am.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am

^At noon? Wow. I always assumed that when they closed early it would be closer to 2-3 pm.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby BDD27 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:37 am

^If I can marathon on El Toro like I did Nitro during holiday in the park it will be worth it

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

Yep, it can close that early. It closed at 12:30PM on Sunday due to the weather.

If the forecast continues to look shaky come Friday, best thing you can do is follow the park on Twitter. They're pretty good about publishing any early closing times on there.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am

BDD27 wrote:^If I can marathon on El Toro like I did Nitro during holiday in the park it will be worth it

Except when I visit I typically don't even arrive until closer to one, and the park is a 3 hour drive from where I live
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby BDD27 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:44 am

Thankfully I only have a 45 minute ride from Great Adventure so if the park closes early it's no biggie.

Postby prozach626 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Yep, it can close that early. It closed at 12:30PM on Sunday due to the weather.

I was actually joking about the noon thing. I thought I was being a little extreme, but apparently not!

:lmao: :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!