Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:46 am

This is purely speculation but it seems like Great Adventure's removals this year (King Cobra and El Diablo) are likely a response to frivolous lawsuits. It seems like they just want to get these rides out of America and send them to normal countries where people aren't so unbearably stupid.

The El Diablo lawsuit was apparently because the redundant seatbelt broke and the rider injured herself "struggling" to hold on to a normal restraint that was functioning exactly as designed. The King Cobra lawsuit (for 3 million dollars) was because the riders didn't read the rules of the ride and hurt themselves because they were way over the ride's weight limit which led to excessive speed.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 am

Part of me is glad that this super loop is being relocated, since I don't think it ever really fit at a large "flagship" park like Great Adventure, but I'm also a little disappointed because assuming this one stayed and the one going to La Ronde was new, the only two parks in the entire chain of 15 parks without a super loop would have been Magic Mountain and Mexico! I wanted Six Flags to complete their collection! lol
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 am

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just replace it with a newer model like Delirious that runs an automatic program and don't say anything. That rumor has been floating around for awhile and (while this barely matters since the Six Flags web team isn't generally the quickest) El Diablo is still on the website and only listed as "Closed for the Season" along with every other ride that won't run for Holiday in the Park.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

^I hope not but agree that’s a definite possibility. Although King Cobra is also “temporarily” closed.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 am

I went on El Diablo twice since it's been in the park, both times in an end seat and I got the WORST, WORST, WORST case of motion sickness. I take Bonine to be safe, but as of lately I don't need it anymore, but I was on it both times I rode El Diablo and I still got disgustingly nauseous from it. So all I can say for that ride is "Good riddance"

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby joelwee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:21 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:...the only two parks in the entire chain of 15 parks without a super loop would have been Magic Mountain and Mexico! I wanted Six Flags to complete their collection! lol

A Super Loop at Magic Mountain? Them's fightin' words! :lol: I rode the one at Discovery Kingdom and had a splitting headache the rest of the day. They are not good rides at all, IMO.
You guys should throw a party to celebrate your Super Loop going away.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

I like super loops. I prefer stuff like screaming swings and giant discoveries but super loops can be fun when they are ran right
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Just send the damn SuperLoop to a crappy SF park that already has one and slap a "World's First Dueling Loop coaster" and call it a day...

I can't wait to see what RMC has in store for GAdv!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JG-77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:43 pm

oriolat wrote:I can't wait to see what RMC has in store for GAdv!

A friendly reminder that there is no confirmation of an RMC coming to Great Adventure, as I understand it it is purely a rumor.

Also fun fact: RMC in its early days pre NTAG actually helped with the construction of El Toro!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Isn't El Diablo getting replaced by a nonjoystick superloop?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!