Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1928: Calypso Springs coming to Hurricane Harbor!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 pm

thrillrider wrote:So we are going to the park for 2 days, and get 4 skip the line passes each day. What rides should we use them on?

My thoughts...

1. Zuminjaro(sp)
2. Kingda ka
3. El Toro
4. Superman

I am going by what I think will have the longest lines. Another option is the safari if they accept the skip the lines passes.

Longest I ever waited for Zum... is about 25 minutes. Don't waist a pass on that.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:07 am

^ Yup, me too, and that was its first year of operation. I don't think I've seen a wait longer than a couple ride cycles since then. Save the pass for Kingda Ka or Superman, both of which can be slow-moving depending on operations.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 am

Not sure if anyone has posted about this but this looks like two cyborgs together... http://ride-engineers.com/stormforce-20/

This one is made by RES WillTec and is still in prototype stages.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby UConnHusky » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Would someone be able to please share a list of the “Bring a Friend” days for Great Adventure? I think they might vary some by pass/membership type but guessing the Gold pass may be the most common schedule. I’m planning on taking a trip there over a Friday/Saturday at some point this summer, and hoping if possible to at least avoid Bring a Friend free days. Thanks!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ViperGTS500 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 am

Will be going to the park for the first time in 10 years this Friday. How busy is the park usually on last Friday's in June. Def want to get at least 10 rides on Nitro and Toro. Not afraid to get gold flash pass if necessary. Opinions?

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 am

It's impossible to predict crowds at this park. Be ready to buy it, but wait until you get there.

Postby alilstronger » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 pm

ViperGTS500 wrote:Will be going to the park for the first time in 10 years this Friday. How busy is the park usually on last Friday's in June. Def want to get at least 10 rides on Nitro and Toro. Not afraid to get gold flash pass if necessary. Opinions?

I always buy it at this park. Every time I go the lines are at least 30 minutes for the more popular coasters.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ViperGTS500 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 pm

It worth getting the platinum flash or the gold enough?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:10 pm

^ You should absolutely wait until you arrive at the park to determine if you should get Flash Pass at all. Buying in advance is terribly bad advice. Bill is right, you cannot predict crowd levels at this park (unless of course its like a nice crisp fall Saturday during Fright Fest, you'll want to die without one). Nevertheless, the park rarely if ever sells out of Flash Pass so you can wait and make your decision based on how bad the waits are when you arrive (or soon after).

Gold FP can get the job done if you time it right and reserve your next ride as soon as you scan into your current ride, don't wait until the ride is over! If you do this correctly you won't have to wait for anything all day. If you don't feel like worrying about that and can afford Platinum go for it and do whatever the f*ck you want as you won't have to wait for a thing.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:28 am

I went to this park July 5th last year, and was able to ride everything I wanted to, and El Toro over and over, and still left the park a few hours early. So definitely wait until you get to the park before buying any Flash Pass, because there's a decent chance you won't need it at all.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!